FSX Crashes after display changes (Windows 8.1)

malct

Hi, I hope someone can help me, I have been trying to solve this problem now for 8 days.

FSX starts up ok and i can plan a flight, but once i make changes to Display, FSX Crashes

I found a old thread that says if your running NVidia Graphics card, then download the latest driver, After doing this, I restarted FSX and made new changes to the display and it crashed again, but this time a box appeared and it fixed the problem and it stopped crashing after making changes.

While adding some traffic software, i made a mistake adding files which resulted in me doing a factory reset.

Once starting up the PC, I added the latest driver to Nvidia and then installed FSX and service packs 1 and 2 (I do have FSX acceleration but i have lost the product key, so unable to use it)

When starting FSX and making display changes to Res and tex, FSX will crash again, I did get the repair box up again but this time it did not fix the problem.

I have read quite a lot of threads, one which tells me to tick Preview directx 10, but this does not work, plus i loose the Progressive Taxi.

My system is Windows 8.1 nvidia geforce 750 ti and i have added Geforce Experiance that came with the lasted driver. and the processor is intel i7 4790 3.6Ghz Quad core with 16 GB .

Regarding the pop up box that fixed the issue first time, another pop up box appeared asking if it had fixed the problem Yes or No and that box did not appear after the 2nd install.

I am on my 5th factory reset and the crashes happen with only FSX installed and the latest driver with no addons installed.

Any help would be great

Malc

Go to Start. Search for Events Logs. Open View event logs. Navigate to Custom Views and then Administrative Events and locate the error by FSX.

An example of the log is:

Faulting application name: fsx.exe, version: 10.0.61637.0, time stamp: 0x46fadb14

Faulting module name: unknown, version: 0.0.0.0, time stamp: 0x00000000

Exception code: 0xc0000005

Fault offset: 0x04f40000

Faulting process id: 0xb84

Faulting application start time: 0x01ce5e7b4fec05cd

Faulting application path: E:\FSX\fsx.exe

Faulting module path: unknown

Report Id: 85f639de-ca93-11e2-afac-00e04c054dc3

Faulting package full name:

Faulting package-relative application ID:

http://www.crossed-flag-pins.com/animated-flag-gif/gifs/India_120-animated-flag-gifs.gifhttp://status.ivao.aero/414320.png

Don't do factory reset. Fix the problem instead.

Geforce experience is bad idea. Then choose 'manual install' and un-select 'geforce experience' from the list of things to install. Then select "clean install of the driver" (choose the clean install option).

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Thank you all for your replies.

On the events log for the last crash it states

-

-

0x80000000000000

Application

Lenovo-PC

-

fsx.exe

475e17d3

unknown

c0000005

01d21bf1506ce5dd

C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Games\Microsoft Flight Simulator X\fsx.exe

unknown

3aec9f0b-87e5-11e6-8264-7077810ada7a

Regards uiautomationcore.dl, I have looked and i don,t have this in the files, I guess this it a file and not a line that you add in, If it is a file, Can anyone recommend a site to download it from because my antivirus is blocking these sites when looking for uiautomationcore.dl.

Regards geforce experience, I will have a look at that and disable it, So basically, i need to reinstall the driver and manually install it minus the geforce experience.

Regards

Malc

Regarding which .dll to use. Do a search on this forum for fsx crashes to make sure you get the right one. Win 8.1 will have its own version sitting in the system directory but you need an older version to put into the main fsx folder hence the search.

Sent from my SM-A300FU using Tapatalk

Thank you all for your help, I found a link and installed uiautomationcore.dll and i have tested it and all seems to be working

I wished i asked this question this time last week.

Hope to be helpful to you all one day.

Best regards

Malc

Archived