FSX rudder problems

mike mo

I cannot get 2 different sets of CH pro rudder pedals to function properly. I have done everything conceivable with hardware, must be software. Left pedal has 2 positions, 5 degrees and full. Both left and right pedals produce HUGE overshoot such that I am doing S turns around the runway (or taxiway) centerline. I have seen many other references to this problem, but no functional answers. Anyone know of a patch, which seems to be obviously needed here?

Sorry can not help you, but I should mention that over the years I have had exactly the same problem with two sets of CH pedals and - changing to using twist grip on two joy sticks - same thing has happened with them. The only fix I could find in each case was to purchase a new device! While it seems to be a computer problem, when so many devices go wrong the same way, the fact that new pedals and joysticks in each case solved the problem for a while, tells me that the problem lies with the design of the controls.

You are sure it is software related but have failed to tell us what software you use.... FSX controls/CH software/FSUIPC ?

In my experience you will get best results by not installing the CH software and using FSUIPC to assign and calibrate controller hardware.

Hi mike,

I'm baffled by your initial post where you say "Left pedal has 2 positions, 5 degrees and full". And the problem is apparently the same with 2 sets of pedals and you've done everything conceivable with the hardware. I just want you to know I've read this and am pretty much ignoring it and going on to make some general suggestions.

Initially, I recommend checking the pedals outside of FSX in Control panel. If there is any non-linearity in the response it is likely due to a dirty control. Here's a link that will aid in correcting this: https://app.box.com/s/4szwg1dh37zaeijj849xqodstcpfys7b

I previously (about 2 years ago) had a problem with a dirty control (pot) and successfully cleaned it with denatured alcohol and then a small amount of light oil. To make this clear when I say small amount I mean after dipping a toothpick in oil, wiping it clean, and then applying it to where the wiper contacts the resistive surface and then moving the pot to the extremes several times. In a previous post in which I offered this suggestion I didn't make it clear as to how much oil I was referring.

And the S turns are a problem. I suggest mainly judicious use of the brakes and, as in a car, don't look at the ground immediately in front of you but at a distant point; this seems to help.

Jim F.

The 'right amount of oil' should be zero. The best 'lubrication' is attained by rubbing the surfaces with a sheet of dryer anti-static 'rag'. There is enough oil (of the type that does not harden, or change chemically) that will rub off onto surfaces to do the job. My 2 cents.

Chuck B

Napamule

i7 2600K @ 3.4 Ghz (Turbo-Boost to 3.877 Ghz), Asus P8H67 Pro, Super Talent 8 Gb DDR3/1333 Dual Channel, XFX Radeon R7-360B 2Gb DDR5, Corsair 650 W PSU, Dell 23 in (2048x1152), Windows7 Pro 64 bit, MS Sidewinder Precision 2 Joy, Logitech K-360 wireless KB & Mouse, Targus PAUK10U USB Keypad for Throttle (F1 to F4)/Spoiler/Tailhook/Wing Fold/Pitch Trim/Parking Brake/Snap to 2D Panel/View Change. Installed on 250 Gb (D:). FS9 and FSX Acceleration (locked at 30 FPS).

Archived