B200 Follow-Up

flyer8

Needed a bit more practice with the B200 and an ILS, to shake out those cobwebs. Easy flight using ATC and a flight plan with a cruise altitude of 5500. The GS intercept was for 3500 at Sager, by the book, and the autopilot did the rest.

Couple of wrinkles in my master plan:

The book now says Rwy 20R at 196 and my book still reads Rwy 19R at 194

Also, was a bit early on that approach button, just couldn't resist it

Route Info...

KSBP, HOYTS, HABUT, KRAFF, PURMS, POM, SAGER, KSNA

Sim Info...

Flight Simulator 9

MK Studios KSNA

UT USA

Aeroworx B200

N40TH V2 by Kurt Kalbfleisch

Hybrid Water

California Central Coast Scenery by Al Wheeler

Best Regards,

Mark

Morro Bay

001 Morro Bay.jpg

Pismo Beach

002 Pismo Beach.jpg

Santa Barbara Airspace

003 Improved Water.jpg

Studio City

004 Studio City.jpg

Sager Approach

005 Sager Approach.jpg

John Wayne Ahead

006 John Wayne Ahead.jpg

Short Final

007 Short Final.jpg

Preparing to Taxi

008 Preparing to Taxi.jpg

Taxi to the Gate

009 Taxi to the Gate.jpg

At Rest

010 At Rest.jpg

EDIT: Forgot to add CCC scenery credit and spelling!

Excellent screen shots. Looks like you had a good flight in your King Air. The Aeroworx B200 is a terrific model full of functionality and capability. It has been one of my favorites for many years. Jim

Indeed. Nice pics.

The Aeoroworx is the turbo prop model that all others a judged by. Many have fallen well short. Still my favourite add-on. Along with the -42 Raisbeck mods, she's a genuine 280 kt + aircraft at normal cruise torque settings. I love it!!

Excellent screen shots. Looks like you had a good flight in your King Air. The Aeroworx B200 is a terrific model full of functionality and capability. It has been one of my favorites for many years. Jim

Thanks you! Yes, flights are begining to go a bit more smoothly now. Took logging a few hours but well worth it. Its a fun airplane to fly. BTW, thanks for the help Jim!

Great set of pics of plane & scenery Mark. Of twins I like the B200, C-310,C-421 especially in real life. Kenny

Thanks Kenny! Its interesting, that with the latency of the controls and the sound set combined, this aircraft feels substantial. Heavy when not properly configured, and like a bullet train when all settings agree. How does it feel when you're flying one for real. Wow, that must be pretty fun Kenny!

Best Regards!

Some fine pics. Mark. I like your b-200. :cool: :cool: :)

Thanks Larry! Isn't this model just photogenic from the word go. This sim just has that love of detail imprinted with it. I especially like the "Shoe Throttle Quadrant". Scalling factors by the old shoe. Fun and thanks again!

Indeed. Nice pics.

The Aeoroworx is the turbo prop model that all others a judged by. Many have fallen well short. Still my favourite add-on. Along with the -42 Raisbeck mods, she's a genuine 280 kt + aircraft at normal cruise torque settings. I love it!!

Thank you! I did hold back on the altitude and power for this flight. Cruised at 1800 rpm, reduced the toruqe, at 5500 ft. Kept the speed near the white triangle as I was a bit nervous about picking up the localizer. Plus, and for the first time since I reinstalled B200, was able to relax and not have that white knuckled approach.

Next will be STOL, non-localizer based airports! Fun, and I suppose that's what the RFDS gents do. Did the town tour in the Alice a few years back. The RFDS museum has all of those cool models hanging from the ceiling and the old comms they used to use. Neat stuff and some pretty short runways, reminder to self: watch out for feral camels.

Best Regards

Archived