I scheduled aircraft to fly and they disappear

ebenezermc

I scheduled an A321 American Airlines to fly from PGUM to HNL.....I sat next to the Heavy and watched the luggage truck leave and the doors shut and then I heard the pilot talk.... he was cleared as filed and then told to go to 121 something for ground.... he acknowledged that and then all of a sudden I was looking at another airplane.....

He didn't taxi... You remember when you are looking at traffic and following the airplane flying... and then when it is out of your area you automatically switch to another plane.??? that's what this does and I don't know why.

:confused:

HP H8 1360T, I7-3770, CPU 3.40GHZ, 8 GB RAM, 64bit OS, AMD Radeon HD7570 :pilot:

IIRC you made the parking spots yourself, right? If you did, or if you downloaded a scenery, make sure that the parking spots are connected to the taxiway network. If they aren't, then the sim will do exactly what you describe - AI is spawned, goes through the preflight, gets ready to taxi - and then it is deleted.

Hi il,

I discovered this when working on my AI addon. I wanted to dispatch AI with a flight plan from LIED. But as many (all?) military bases in FSX LIED does not have parking spots, so initially I was unable to spawn any AI at all. So I downloaded a freeware scenery for LIED. This now had the parking spots, and my AI was created. Then it did a short pushback - and it was deleted by the sim, before starting to taxi. Then I took a look at the scenery with ADE and discovered, that the parking spots were not connected to the taxi network at all. The simulator seems to detect this, and instead of waiting for the usual AI timeout, it instantly deletes them.

I don't doubt what you are saying. It sounds as if with parking spots not connected it doesn't depart at all.

I never saw that myself, it's not a situation I go looking for normally.

I'll be a bit more specific about that Antonov. In case that helps anyone.

I made the plan EDDM-EINN-EDDM

At EDDM I had created a extra large spot for the Antonov (A normal "Large Gate" wasn't enough. Had to increase manually.)

I turned three Large Gates into 2 Extra Large Gates.

But at EINN I hadn't made extra large spots.

When the Antonov departed from EDDM I didn't just sit around following it on Radar until it disappeared off the radar screen.

I departed in the b737 and followed it at close range. It was never more then 20 Nm away from me.

Suddenly it was gone.

I quickly realised my mistake. No parking at arrival.

I added an Apron at EINN, with three Extra Large parking spots.

Works fine now.

---------

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

If I can grab the parking spot and the parking spot and parking taxiway moves as one... does that mean I'm connected to the taxi network? If it does then I need to look at size of parking spot at designation airport. I would think HNL could take an Airbus...
HP H8 1360T, I7-3770, CPU 3.40GHZ, 8 GB RAM, 64bit OS, AMD Radeon HD7570 :pilot:

AFAIK the taxi network has to be complete, connecting the parking spots with the runway. But I admit that I am not much of a scenery developer myself. I would try the Fault Finder in ADE, see what it brings up. The way you describe it sounds very much like what happened to me. My addon creates the AI at runtime, so I can experiment a little and don't have to fiddle with BGLs. But the effects are the same. I can make an AI 747 land at LIEO, but it is deleted the instant that it leaves the runway - no parking. The simulator is very eager to delete AI, and rightfully so - they eat a fair bit of performance. But I am still not too sure about the conditions when the sim determines an AI to be superfluous, except the obvious distance and time restrictions.

It will be interesting to see the solution to this problem... I can't work on it for a few days... darn.... I'm thinking it is the airport where I added parking spots because I have scheduled a Shrike to do touch and goes and Guam International in the middle of the island and it works fine...

I run fault finder and get errors at some of the runways that say the hold short isn't close enough to the runway... I didn't add those... they were there when I added the parking spots... 6R and 6L do not get errors and I fly on them using ATC...

What you can do with your aircraft and what AI is allowed to do are very different things and not really related. ATC doesn't factor in at all IMO, because it does not control the AI - it just gives a verbal comment of what the AI logic does anyway (which explains for example why there is no separation). There seems to be something about that particular airport that the AI logic doesn't like.

I have been working with AI a lot lately, and these are the most common problems that I saw:

- AI is not created at all- no parking, only parking of incorrect type or incorrect model/model configuration (cfg and .air)

- AI is created but disappears before taxi - problem with the path to the active runway.

- AI lands but vanishes right after leaving the runway - parking problem again

- AI waits for too long somewhere

- AI lands before reaching the runway, takes off after the end of the runway

- doors, lights and control surfaces out of whack, especially when using complex aircraft models

etc.

Archived