RE: AI file placement in File Library menu

dufus

Hi all, this is just a little thing that I find time consuming. Why are the newest AI files included in the new FSX File Library menu when these files are also in the separate AI menu? These AI files sometimes are quite large in number and take up a lot of space and time to scroll through. I do not wish to upset those who cherish these files but I would prefer the files to stay in the separate AI section. Just a thought.

Use the Advanced Search feature, and tell it NOT include the word AI or something like that. Also, don't tick the checkbox for AI planes. That will make doubly certain.

Pat☺

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Had a thought...then there was the smell of something burning, and sparks, and then a big fire, and then the lights went out! I guess I better not do that again!

Sgt, USMC, 10 years proud service, Inactive reserve now :D

• Founder
The new files lists that are available are nothing more than file library searches. We've pre-made the most common searches for you and put them in a menu just to make it more convenient. If these searches do not fit your needs then create your own search using the basic or advanced search. You have lots of options as to how you find things in the file library, especially if you use advanced search.

To download aircraft from flightsim.com:

Look in the file library (link at top of this page).

Select Advanced seac.

Use advanced search to look for a plane you like.

When using advanced search, select

|x| -FSX aircraft only.-

And select:

|x| -Complete aircraft with model, panel, sound-

That way you find complete aircraft and not just textures.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

If you have a specific airline paint of a particular model airplane just Google it and IT will find the file for you in any site. But of course choose wisely as not all sites are as reliable (and may include trojans, etc). Google lists a lot of the files found here at FltSimCom, Simviation, etc. The secret is to use a specific modeler name, model name, or specific paint. And if you have time you can browse FS9 only, or FSX only, files page by page. The usual is to list latest uploads and then progress back in time by latest Flt Sim version on back to FS98 and beyond. Searching, and finding what you are looking for, is an art, and an EXACT science (with perhaps a grain of good luck, for good measure). Having the option of stipulating what NOT to search for is extremely handy and very practical - use it!

Chuck B

Napamule

i7 2600K @ 3.4 Ghz (Turbo-Boost to 3.877 Ghz), Asus P8H67 Pro, Super Talent 8 Gb DDR3/1333 Dual Channel, XFX Radeon R7-360B 2Gb DDR5, Corsair 650 W PSU, Dell 23 in (2048x1152), Windows7 Pro 64 bit, MS Sidewinder Precision 2 Joy, Logitech K-360 wireless KB & Mouse, Targus PAUK10U USB Keypad for Throttle (F1 to F4)/Spoiler/Tailhook/Wing Fold/Pitch Trim/Parking Brake/Snap to 2D Panel/View Change. Installed on 250 Gb (D:). FS9 and FSX Acceleration (locked at 30 FPS).

Archived