Why is UT2 not working for me now?

kennyhall

I foolishly allowed FSX-SE to install to C:\ on my recent new system - that 250GB SSD became almost full (92%) so I have created a link (cmd menu in W10) and transferred ALL the FSX contents to a 1TB drive D:\.

Everything is working 100% - except for UT2 :confused:

On the FSX-SE startup screen I am not presented with the "Ultimate Traffic initialised" sound file and a permissions request.

I have uninstalled UT2 several times now and each time reinstalled (boxed DVD version) UT2 to the D:\FSX\Flight One Software\UT2 - run the setup as administrator - run the configurator and set the calendar etc, etc...even run the gamut of the utii.dll "quarantined" etc.

What I find is that having uninstalled and reinstalled I am never asked for the serial number.

I guess there is something still lurking in the registry.

I have since run the uninstall through "Revo Uninstaller" which then identifies remnants of files hiding in the system which I then remove ~~~ still can't make UT2 show me any traffic and as stated above, on the FSX-SE startup screen I am not presented with the "Ultimate Traffic initialised" sound file - checked in the config sequence.

Some general assistance would be appreciated - especially with regard to any registry entries.

The registry is somewhere I would not venture under normal circumstances - especially as I'm not sure where I should be looking and what I should be looking for...

Other than that - the "link" has given frame rates a massive boost and is running at 120+ with onle a drop to 60+ at Heathrow Xtreme...:cool:

I have used UT since its inception then UT2 ~~~ really, really desperate to have it back ~~~ otherwise I might have to resort to FSX default traffic :mad:

Old enough to know better...

...young enough to do most of it again:cool:

Chillblast i5 6600K Skylake CPU 3.5 - o/c 4.4GHz; 8Gb DDR4 RAM; GTX960 4Gb STRIX OC Direct CUII graphics;

W10;[FSX-SE] P3Dv4; REX; ASP4; FSC; Little Nav Map; RC4; UTLive and loads of ORBX :cool:

Sounds like the UT services process is not started when your sim is.

Check your "exe.xml" if the UT2 path entry is there, that the path is correct and that the addon is not disabled.

The "exe.xml" is in C:\Users\\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\FSX" and can be edited with Notepad.

What a genius you turned out to be :D

You are absolutely correct and the "issue" is now resolved :cool:

A zillion million thanks to you.

Old enough to know better...

...young enough to do most of it again:cool:

Chillblast i5 6600K Skylake CPU 3.5 - o/c 4.4GHz; 8Gb DDR4 RAM; GTX960 4Gb STRIX OC Direct CUII graphics;

W10;[FSX-SE] P3Dv4; REX; ASP4; FSC; Little Nav Map; RC4; UTLive and loads of ORBX :cool:

Archived