FXAA and SweetFX Help

efpg0708

Hi guys. Need some help here. I didn't post this in the CTD board because I'm not having a crash with these tools. Here's what's been happening:

I've used FSX with FXAA without any problems. No crashes whatsoever, and my FSX looked great. However, I bought a new PC and had to reinstall everything, including FXAA. The problem is, whenever I start FSX, the FSX screen appears and after a little while it dissapears, and FSX doesn't load. This doesn't generate any entries on the event viewer. So, I tried deleting the d3dl.dll from the FSX folder and FSX starts normally, however, I don't get any effects pressing the Pause key (for FXAA) or the Scroll Lock key (for SweetFX). I open FSX and FXAA side by side, press the Pause key and nothing happens.

The weird thing is that, I tried downloading ENB, installed it (with the d3dl.dll file) and it works. So I tried using the d3dl.dll file that comes with ENB with FXAA and I still don't get any changes.

Would anyone have any ideia what could be happening ? Does FXAA and SweetFX need the d3dl.dll module to work ? If they don't, what could be preventing those tools to load their effect ?

My rig is: i7 6700, Nvidia GTX1080, 32GB RAM, ASRock Z170 OC Formula. I do have Nvidia inspector intalled, and FXAA is enabled.

Thanks

Eduardo

Archived