King Ranch Leg#4 Matanuska River

Fantastic shots! :D

And some lovely cloud textures as well.

“Once you have tasted flight, you will forever walk the earth with your eyes turned skyward, for there you have been, and there you will always long to return.†- Leonardo da Vinci :pilot:

Tell you what, Mathew, had you made this post with FS9 (which I'm sure you could have), I'd be impressed, but FSX doesn't impress me anymore. It sits on my hard drive, but is never opened. I have a review to do on a very nice flying light twin, but because I dislike the platform so much, I have yet to start work on it. I don't quite know what poisoned me on FSX, but something did. I see it as a glorified FS9 without the openness of the FS9 platform.

Great pics Mathew, I too do not use FSX I don't know if there is any sugar coated that is in default FSX that FS9 doesn't have other then what is payware. But I am faithful to freeware for FS9. I am always reading this forum (screenshots) it seems as thought most simmers are hanging up FSX returning to FS9. Kenny

Love the rough edged edits. The pics are superb!

JOE- Asus P8Z68- V Pro; CPU: Intel i7-2600K 3.4ghz OC'd 4.6Ghz,

8G Corsair Dominator Platinum DDR3-1600, EVGA 1080Ti 11G ACX Cooler

Samsung 500G OS drive, 3 WD 1T Raptor HDD

Tell you what, Mathew, had you made this post with FS9 (which I'm sure you could have), I'd be impressed, but FSX doesn't impress me

Hey Klee i to Favor FS9 over FSX Always have, due to performance.

Im thinking most people Favor FS9 over FSX do to Performance (not everyone but some) we all have our opinions and entitled to them ofcourse. Since I've up my PC Specs i tend to fly both.

FS9 will Always be 1st Place for me and i will never get rid of it. FSX will remain in 2nd place but i never did hate or disliked FSX just didnt fly it much beacuse i dint have the hardware to run it. (and i didnt have to pay for an I7 machine to get it to run perfectly fine as it does now with all of the OBRX scenery including all regions availabe and Airports to go with them) took some work but i managed tweaking, Resizing textures, fixing missing Alphas and Mipmaps with the Alpha,MipMap utillities i have in combination with Imagetool and Bat files ive found online to run these fixes :cool::pilot:

If im flying PMDG, IFLY,PSS, WILCO ect ect in heavy Airports doing commercial flights i use FS9.

Since I've updated my PC hardware i tend to do more bush flying in FSX

Intel i7 2600 16GB RAM 4GB Nvidia GTX970....... Sim Platform FS2004-FSX

Great looking airport. I also favor FS9 even over P3D due to the more realistic color palette used. Just wish there were more payware aircraft and scenery still being developed.

Intel i-9 13900KF @ 6.0 Ghz Cpu, MSI RTX 4090 Suprim Liquid X 24GB Videocard, MSI MAG CORELIQUID C360 Water Cooler, MSI Z790 A-PRO WIFI Motherboard, MSI MPG A1000G 1000W Power Supply, G.SKILL 48Gb Ram @76000 MHz DDR5 Ram, MSI SPATIUM M480 PCIe 4.0 NVMe M.2 2TB Drive, Windows 11 Pro Ghost Spectre x64

Another beautiful post Mathew. Very nicely done. :cool: :cool: :D

I've been playing around with FSX a little bit, but I'm having trouble keeping if from freezing up on me. The standard FSX scenery looks much better that my FS9 stuff, but it's going to take a lot of time to get the FSX platform tweaked up like I would like it. I may eventually just move on to P3D, but for now I have so much Retro scenery and aircraft configured in FS9 I'll just stick with it for the foreseeable future. :)

Larry

Another beautiful post Mathew. Very nicely done. :cool: :cool: :D

but it's going to take a lot of time to get the FSX platform tweaked up like I would like it.

I Agree Larry took me hours of Raffling through Forums and downloading Utilities and Texture Resizing Alpha Fixes and MipMap Fixes .Bat files to get FSX ruining the way it is on my System.

Intel i7 2600 16GB RAM 4GB Nvidia GTX970....... Sim Platform FS2004-FSX

Archived