Trouble with saitek (madcatz) hardware!!!!!?????

edwarosmith

Hi all,

I think quit a lot of simmers have heard the name “Saitek” or “MadCatz” (hardware).

I’ve been using the Saitek pro yoke and throttle assembly with a second throttle quadrant for four engine operation for a number of years. Last year (in November 2015) my second quadrant developed a problem and I requested a replacement from where I purchased it as it was still under statutory warranty.

The retailer informed me they had none in stock and offered me a refund; I informed them I would wait for a replacement. They informed me they were informed by MadCatz “Saitek” there was at least 1 month’s delay on this item.

I’m cutting this long story very short as to the length of time I have been battling with “Saitek” (MadCatz) and many-many emails in correspondence and still 9 Month’s later am waiting for a replacement from them.

So as you can see this has turned into a farce; and just to rub salt in my wounds, this has become a global event in that no one can acquire at least 75% of their hardware items, (THERE ARE NONE TO BE HAD GLOBALLY).

So I ask you “are you waiting for any hardware or replacements from “Saitek” (MadCatz) and are you experiencing difficulty in acquiring hardware from your supplier”?

Maybe you ought to send them a few Tweets, and voice your concerns... perhaps if you inundate them on Twitter and FB, they'll get the message.

@MadCatz

Alan :pilot:

"I created the Little Black Book to keep myself from getting killed..." -- Captain Elrey Borge Jeppesen

AMD 1.9GB/8GB RAM/AMD VISION 1GB GPU/500 GB HDD/WIN 7 PRO 64/FS9 CFS CFS2

COSIM banner_AVSIM3.JPG

Sounds like Saitek are playing for time til the clock runs out of the warranty period.

Tell them you're going to plaster the story all over the internet flight sim forums unless they replace it sharpish!

PS- When the dealer originally offered you a refund I'd have taken it because if there's one lesson I've learned in life it's "Never refuse to take money that's offered to you"..;)

Saitek has been undergoing massive reorganization lately; some products dropped entirely, others aimed at different markets, website completely redesigned. I was never sure of the relationship between Saitek and Madcatz, but the latter has always had poor customer service (I finally dumped their profile software after wasting five months trying to get some input on how to program the turgid mess).

Recent views of their Twitter site show their heavy Marketing in the Android/iOS Gamepad arena; maybe they're trying to capture some of the Pokemon Go market share...

Alan :pilot:

For the record, I just bought a slightly used MadCatz Fly5 joystick from Amazon a couple days ago, and it works great!

"I created the Little Black Book to keep myself from getting killed..." -- Captain Elrey Borge Jeppesen

AMD 1.9GB/8GB RAM/AMD VISION 1GB GPU/500 GB HDD/WIN 7 PRO 64/FS9 CFS CFS2

COSIM banner_AVSIM3.JPG

Hi jgf and all,

Yes, you’re correct in that “Saitek” are undergoing (allegedly) a change in manufacturing; I have been in contact with a Gentleman from “MadCatz” (Saitek) over the last 9 Months who has informed me of an upgrade in their hardware.

Incidentally, “MadCatz” and “Saitek” are one of the same; “Saitek” is the trade name for “MadCatz” hardware.

I have received an email from the <: european technical support manager r test global :> instead of my usual contact at “Saitek”.

The quote below is part of the email I received from him on the 5th of July 2016;

“I'm sorry about the protracted wait for the replacement Throttle Quadrant. I also work on the development team and wanted to assure you that the project isn't stopped. The Flight Sim range is something we intend to keep growing as it's a core range for Mad Catz. We have experienced some delays in the transitioning of the production which we know is being felt globally as you have pointed out”.

Also a quote from the same email;

“Tech support were told that replacements would be available earlier but due to unforeseen circumstances the timelines have been changed a few times for the worse. I can offer you a Flight Panel instead though as a gesture of goodwill”.

I was offered this as compensation as to the length of time I have been waiting for a replacement quadrant.

As of two weeks ago, after accepting their offer, I’ve had no reply to my emails; the last email I received from them informed me that the “return tab” wasn’t working and asked me to try a different computer to re-contact them with my ongoing Ticket number.

So, I guess that this is a brush off and it’s likely I’ll never hear from them again.

Archived