FSX screen turns black when I click on a menu bar option

When I click on a menu bar option, try to save my flight or end flight FSX turns black and stays like that and won't load. The only way to get out of it is to press ESC to get back into the flight. How do I solve this?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Steam or Microsoft packaged?

Tell us about the system specs and FS graphics options. Are you running the sim in Windowed mode?

Your complete responses to these questions will determine how quickly and accurately you get assistance.

-Pv-

2 carrot salad, 10.41 liter bucket, electric doorbell, 17 inch fan, 12X14, 85 Dbm

I don't know I didn't code it, it could be the shader cache. What I do know is that it should fix the op's problems.

Using the DX10 preview might introduce other issues because DX10 is unfinished but that's for another thread. There is a fix for DX10 which is payware, I have it and would recommend it.

I don't know I didn't code it, it could be the shader cache. What I do know is that it should fix the op's problems.

Using the DX10 preview might introduce other issues because DX10 is unfinished but that's for another thread. There is a fix for DX10 which is payware, I have it and would recommend it.

So you had this same issue and DX10 fixed it for you?

What about all of us using DX9 that don't have this problem?

OP, please come back and fill us in!!

http://www.air-source.us/images/sigs/000219_195_jimskorna.png

So you had this same issue and DX10 fixed it for you?

Yes.

The black screen each time a menu option is selected is common with a clean install (for example a Windows 10 upgrade) and DX9 not being installed, to remedy either install DX9 or select the 'DX10 Preview' mode. I would recommend the latter along with the payware DX10 fix, I've seen a few reports that DX10 is "better" and "faster" than DX9.

If you use DX10 without the fix it's possible to see issues like clipping, progressive taxi not displaying properly, textures on older a/c not working etc.

• 2 weeks later...
Just an FYI...

Updated from Windows 7 to Windows 10 and had the same problem. Went to the NVIDIA web site and downloaded the latest driver (dated July 2016) and that fixed it for me. Try the simplest approach first. :)

Ok thank you very much I also recently updated to Windows 10 and I think this situation may be a result of the update.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Archived