Change opening page from Meigs to my chosen Airport

Aitchie 3

Hi There,

I'm new to flight sims so I'm looking for advice. I've attempted to change the Meigs default

to my own airport. My home airport does appear when I start up but when I click the start tab, the Meigs Field

appears. I have tried a few cures from various sites but to no avail. can anybody out there help please.

Ron

All you need to do is set up the plane you want at your airport. You can position it at a parking spot with the engine(s) off or on the runway, what ever you'd like as a start-up situation.

Then bring up the main menu (alt key) and select SAVE FLIGHT from the options on the left side.

Give this flight a name that's easy to remember, I use "current", and make sure the MAKE THIS THE DEFAULT FLIGHT box is ticked.

That's it. Your saved flight is now the default start-up.

You can also set the sim's clock to your system clock in the main menu and the time and season will be the same as when you start the sim. :cool:

One thing I should mention- let's say you're using the real weather option and you have "engine runs out of fuel" turned on. Your saved default game will hold most of the values as you left them when you saved it.

The reason I wrote to save your default with a name you'll remember is that its easy to re-save your start-up after each session. Once the "MAKE DEFAULT" option is ticked, you don't need to re-tick it, just save the flight with the same name you gave it.

Let's say you want to do a cross-country flight from your home airport that will take a couple of days. Just start the sim, taxi, and take off. When you get to your destination, taxi, park, and shut down. At that point, save again using the same name of your default flight and when you start the sim again you'll be where you left off (assuming you didn't taxi too close to a refueling spot and fill your tanks by mistake).

Getting used to the combo becomes second nature fairly quickly. :cool: It can also get you out of some situations- let's say you forgot to re-fuel or the freq's for the nav aids you plan to use weren't checked. :eek:

Just hit and reload your saved default. :D

I got in the habit of saving at the start of each session after I load the weather and again once I've landed and shut down.

Archived