Compatibility FSX libraries with P3d

flytiti

Hi Guys,

I have created a scenery for FSX.

Can you tell me, in general terms, if all libraries which work in FSX are compatible with P3d 3.2 ?

or do some library work and others don't ?

For instance, I use FSX libraries of "FSX\Scenery\Global\scenery" generic batiments and specific libraries as

'ezhangers' , GA_Hangars_ss_vol_2_v1 , RWY12_add_dwag_hangers, parking_lots_large_ss

Thank you for your answer

Nobody ?

I ask for that because a friend has tried my simple scenery (install manually) on his P3d but he said hangars and generic buildings are not visible, I don't know P3d but , I have read on http://www.prepar3d.com/add-ons/

"Prepar3D is fully compatible with FSX SP2 add-ons, including freeware and payware applications."

So, please, help me to understand what's happen

Thanks for your response

Nobody ?

I ask for that because a friend has tried my simple scenery (install manually) on his P3d but he said hangars and generic buildings are not visible, I don't know P3d but , I have read on http://www.prepar3d.com/add-ons/

"Prepar3D is fully compatible with FSX SP2 add-ons, including freeware and payware applications."

So, please, help me to understand what's happen

Thanks for your response

That is a bold statement from Lockheed, as it obviously is not true. Not all addons are 100% compatible any more, as many users of FSUIPC, AES, ActiveSky, PMDG or ORBX products can testify.

I guess the only way to find out is getting a developers license for P3D yourself if you plan to build scenery for it. Or have your friend install ADE and check the libraries himself. Btw, the latest versions of Prepar3D have a "content error log" that can be used to identify issues with addons. It will list whatever it finds not to be quite right.

Thanks for answer, but my scenery is really simple :

- an ADE, placement bgl files for hangars , objects and vehicles and textures; that's all.

- installtion is manual so, I am not in the troubleshooting case precised by Lockheed :

"there are certain install packages which are hard-coded to only install into a FSX installation folder dictated by a FSX installation registry key on your computer"

- Last I noticed, only the hangars are not displayed; the libraries used are : "GA_Hangars_ss_vol_2_v1" and "Lib_add_dwag_hangers"

If you have an idea , thank you for help

Thank you very much ; you are right , I converted librairies in FSX format with the great MCX and it works ! so, it's a trap (P3d is compatible with FSX when objects are pure FSX not when it works in FSX),

==> if I well understand, the problem is the bgl format (SCASM) not the texture ?

==> is there the same problem with AI airplanes ?

Thank you very much ; you are right , I converted librairies in FSX format with the great MCX and it works ! so, it's a trap (P3d is compatible with FSX when objects are pure FSX not when it works in FSX),

==> if I well understand, the problem is the bgl format (SCASM) not the texture ?

==> is there the same problem with AI airplanes ?

The compatibility statement from LM is only for native FSX SP2 addons. And it is not true for those either, as stated above. There are many addons, payware and freeware, that were written natively for FSX Acceleration and that do not work in P3D (= either badly or not at all)

This has nothing to do with complexity, the simulator "innards" have changed quite a lot. You can get in trouble with anything, scenery, aircraft, AI, textures, especially systems, gauges and DLLs, there is no limit and no telling in advance.

The only safe approach is to develop right on the target platform, using the correct SDK.

Archived