FSX Steam Uninstall

usb777

I just must have everything so I purchased FSX Steam and found it to be a pretty good substitute if one doesn't have FSX Gold but that is a matter of taste (Don't like the sim connect much) anyway, installed it on two computes why just to experiment and when finished uninstalled it on my triple monitor build. When I did I must have manually uninstalled 150 empty register key strings it left behind. Not uncommon but thought they would have been kind enough not to leave so many footprints but that's Dove I guess.I did find I was able to use about all my FSX addons without any trouble except my MAAM-Sim B25. It did not like that at all, the only ctd I got. Didn't take anytime to find out why but just to give folks a heads up. I think I will stick to my FSX Gold. To bad people price jacked it I do have two copies just in the event I lose on. Yes, a lot of empty registries. I probably could have used CC Cleaner or something but I was curious. I will keep the Steam edition on my single monitor build for prosperity.

Mike G.

Intel Core i7-4770K, ASUS MAXIMUS VI HERO Motherboard, , 8GB Memory , EVGA GeForce GTX 1070 6GB Video Card,Corsair Enthusiast 750W 80+ Bronze Certified ATX Power Supply,Windows 7 64bit, Corsair Hydro Series H55 CPU Cooler

Advanced Uninstaller Pro 12.0 (Freeware from IObit people) does a much better job than CCCleaner when it comes to getting rid of 'remnants' of an uninstalled program (especially all those stray registry keys). But you have to LOOK at what keys you 'Check' and then let it delete as it may include some keys you don't want deleted (is why it's free?). But it still kicks butt.

Chuck B

Napamule

i7 2600K @ 3.4 Ghz (Turbo-Boost to 3.877 Ghz), Asus P8H67 Pro, Super Talent 8 Gb DDR3/1333 Dual Channel, XFX Radeon R7-360B 2Gb DDR5, Corsair 650 W PSU, Dell 23 in (2048x1152), Windows7 Pro 64 bit, MS Sidewinder Precision 2 Joy, Logitech K-360 wireless KB & Mouse, Targus PAUK10U USB Keypad for Throttle (F1 to F4)/Spoiler/Tailhook/Wing Fold/Pitch Trim/Parking Brake/Snap to 2D Panel/View Change. Installed on 250 Gb (D:). FS9 and FSX Acceleration (locked at 30 FPS).

I will look into that.

Mike G.

Intel Core i7-4770K, ASUS MAXIMUS VI HERO Motherboard, , 8GB Memory , EVGA GeForce GTX 1070 6GB Video Card,Corsair Enthusiast 750W 80+ Bronze Certified ATX Power Supply,Windows 7 64bit, Corsair Hydro Series H55 CPU Cooler

Archived