Saving FSX Steam Download

pilotposer

Hello,

I purchased FSX and the download went well and the sim is working fine. But I am curious when Steam sends you FSX to download, do they send you the complete package that can be saved off line or are you basically using their site to fly in FSX. I have always had software (CD) to re-install FS if I needed to re-install it due to a PC mishap.

Thank you

This is a little different than it used to be. You get the full copy of the game and it is saved/installed on your computer, but you no longer get installer packs. The installation process is always fully handled by the Steam client, you cannot install the game without the client being present.

Software that you get from Steam has been specifically taylored to work only with the Steam client, and not stand alone. If you have to reinstall, just tell the Steam client to remove the game and let the client install it again. This works on other PCs too, you can install the Steam Client on another PC (for example a new one that you just bought), and the client will happily install all your Steam games for you on the new PC. Of course you can only use a game on one PC at a time with the same Steam account.

Additional, you can make backup of installed game by browsing in steam client then click on "Steam" (top left corner) --> "Backup and Restore Games". If you want to re-install the game again or install in another PC, you have no need to download it again.

Sent from my SM-N915F using Tapatalk

Archived