Can you create and save controller assignment profiles?

g8tr

I do my FSXing from a laptop using Windows 7 64-bit. I currently have (and mostly use) a Saitek AV8R joystick assigned to my primary flight functions. I am setting up a Saitek Trim Wheel, Throttle, and Yoke (which will eventually be used with my desktop pc) to use with my laptop also (when I'm not on the road). It's taking a good bit of time to create the assignments for these controllers. Is there a way I can save the controller assignment profiles for the joystick and for the flight control pkg so that I don't have to redo the assignments each and every time I go from one controller to the other? Would FSUIC4 help? Any thoughts or ideas would help.

Registered FSUIPC allows you to set up different profiles for different aircraft, though it sounds like that may not be what you need.

I have never used this function, care to be a guinea pig?

Set up everything the way you want it, then go to Options>Settings>Save...

There you can save a profile.

Try this for both setups and report back if it works as desired.

I am curious to see this work.

peace,

the Bean

WWOD---What Would Opa Do? Farewell, my freind (sp)

Never argue with idiots.

They drag you down to their level and beat you with experience

Hi g8tr,

This may not be correct but I don't think you need to do anything special. On my desktop I fly with either my yoke or joystick and always use the same rudder pedals. FSX recognizes which controller I.m using and the settings work as I previously assigned. Previously I've evaluated several different joysticks and don't recall having any assignment problems. The Standard.xml saves the settings for each controller separately and FSX seems to choose the settings accordingly.

Jim F.

Thanks for the feedback. I'm going to try the simplest approach first and see how that goes. It makes sense that when you are choosing assignments, you are doing it to a unique controller. Then that unique controller should be identified and the previous assignments activated. If that works, then my issue is solved. Thx again.

It sounds like you want to un-plug your controllers from the laptop and plug them into your PC and then expect (somehow) those controllers to 'remember' the assignments you entered before. If so, it ain't gonna happen.

Making and saving profiles requires 3rd party software. But even then it's just for whatever system you are presently hooked-up to. Moving controllers to another system (laptop / PC) requires you also move the profile (ie: controller assignments) to the other system. The controller doesn't have any 'memory' and thus doesn't have any way to 'remember' the assignments you made 'the last time' you flew. You have 2 different systems (laptop & PC). They don't communicate. So they can't 'sync' profiles or settings.

Chuck B

Napamule

i7 2600K @ 3.4 Ghz (Turbo-Boost to 3.877 Ghz), Asus P8H67 Pro, Super Talent 8 Gb DDR3/1333 Dual Channel, XFX Radeon R7-360B 2Gb DDR5, Corsair 650 W PSU, Dell 23 in (2048x1152), Windows7 Pro 64 bit, MS Sidewinder Precision 2 Joy, Logitech K-360 wireless KB & Mouse, Targus PAUK10U USB Keypad for Throttle (F1 to F4)/Spoiler/Tailhook/Wing Fold/Pitch Trim/Parking Brake/Snap to 2D Panel/View Change. Installed on 250 Gb (D:). FS9 and FSX Acceleration (locked at 30 FPS).

It sounds like you want to un-plug your controllers from the laptop and plug them into your PC...

???

Is there a way I can save the controller assignment profiles for the joystick and for the flight control pkg so that I don't have to redo the assignments each and every time I go from one controller to the other?

Never argue with idiots.

'...from a laptop.. (controllers)... which will eventually be used with my desktop pc..'

Chuck B

Napamule

i7 2600K @ 3.4 Ghz (Turbo-Boost to 3.877 Ghz), Asus P8H67 Pro, Super Talent 8 Gb DDR3/1333 Dual Channel, XFX Radeon R7-360B 2Gb DDR5, Corsair 650 W PSU, Dell 23 in (2048x1152), Windows7 Pro 64 bit, MS Sidewinder Precision 2 Joy, Logitech K-360 wireless KB & Mouse, Targus PAUK10U USB Keypad for Throttle (F1 to F4)/Spoiler/Tailhook/Wing Fold/Pitch Trim/Parking Brake/Snap to 2D Panel/View Change. Installed on 250 Gb (D:). FS9 and FSX Acceleration (locked at 30 FPS).

'...from a laptop.. (controllers)... which will eventually be used with my desktop pc..'

Chuck B

Napamule

I think it safe to assume that if g8tr figures out how to set up his laptop as desired he will be able to use the same scheme on his desktop.

Never argue with idiots.

Laptop or PC: he hasn't figured out how to SAVE 'profiles' so he doesn't have to re-do the controller KEY assignments every time he disconnects / re-connects the controllers (which doesn't make sense - FSX remembers key assignments for each device).

So he must be switching controllers between laptop and PC and needs 'profile' that he can SAVE and then use on both. BUT they must be exactly alike as far as key assignments are concerned (ie: in 'sync'). But, I could be wrong.

Chuck B

Napamule

Archived