FSLabs Concorde in P3D

alexzar14

P3D 3.2 it is.

I bought it once I decided I can put time in it. Before I even start, right away a huge problem, this thing loads with 500MB VAS remaining, normal textures option selected during installation. (With high quality textures it loads up with 250mb VAS remaining.)

Anybody has this in P3D? How do you live with it? It needs 30 minutes on the ground (start up business) before you take off, sitting in JFK or EGLL.

Me, it will take 2 hours to sit and practice the systems several times/sessions, sitting for 2 hours in JFK will result in OOM I am afraid.

P3D 3.2 it is.

I bought it once I decided I can put time in it. Before I even start, right away a huge problem, this thing loads with 500MB VAS remaining, normal textures option selected during installation. (With high quality textures it loads up with 250mb VAS remaining.)

Anybody has this in P3D? How do you live with it? It needs 30 minutes on the ground (start up business) before you take off, sitting in JFK or EGLL.

Me, it will take 2 hours to sit and practice the systems several times/sessions, sitting for 2 hours in JFK will result in OOM I am afraid.

Hi,

What screen resolution are you using? If it's higher than 1920x1080, this is a known problem due to the 2D panels (there's TONS of them). There is a line you can change in the config file that will change their scaling and keep VAS usage significantly lower.

I can't remember the line off hand, but I tested this extensively over in the P3D forum at Avsim along with another gentleman over there. It is also discussed on FS Labs own forum.

Apologies, on my tablet and can't provide links.

I use 3440x1440 and would OOM in no time with normal settings. With the 2D panel scaling tweak VAS has not been an issue.

Good luck!

Archived