Aircraft Carrier launch problems

dc8flightseck

My goal is to use an F-4J Phantom on a carrier as I did in FSX, however the old Alpha sim F-4J flips when the catapult is engaged. I understand this is cause by None P3D flight models being used in P3Dv3.3. Is it possible to modify the flight model config to fix this problem?

Also, I tried the MilViz F-4J/S but it causes P3D to crash on me and P3D will not start as long is I have that flight model installed, even after a clean P3D install. A shame as that F-4 looked beautiful for the single flight I can get after a fresh install.

Im considering going back to FSX simply so I can use a carrier, after spending $$ on P3Dv3 and Milviz.

Thanks!

DC-8 Flightdeck and and F-4 Phantom simulators

Far as I know, no. The person who developed the plane needs to change the original mdl file.

Other than that, have you looked to see if it has the [launch_assist] section in the aircraft.cfg? If it does, there may be an adjustment to make to that to get the launch to perform properly.

Just a thought...

Pat☺

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Had a thought...then there was the smell of something burning, and sparks, and then a big fire, and then the lights went out! I guess I better not do that again!

Sgt, USMC, 10 years proud service, Inactive reserve now :D

The Milviz F4 works just fine in P3D. Have you tried their tech support to resolve the issue. If you have something that is causing the crash it could easily affect other things. You need to get your P3D/system squared away or you will continue to run into things like this.

Vic

P3D Rig

I7 7700K @ 5.0ghz Asus Maximus X270 16G G.Skill 3600 15-15-15-18 2T EVGARTX2080ti Corsair 1000W PSU 1TB Samsung SSD for P3D - 2 - 256G OCZ Vector SSD - HAF X - Corsiar H100i V2 Liquid Cooler W10 64 Pro.

Archived