store bought for FSX

Doing some research for an old friend who's looking for a system that will run FSX half-way decent. He's not looking for much, just something that will get him off the ground and enjoy the scenery. He found this one at MicroCenter.

Any thoughts?

Dell XPS 8900 Desktop Computer; Intel Core i7-6700 Processor 3.4GHz; Microsoft Windows 7 Professional 64-bit; 8GB DDR4-2133 RAM; 1TB 7,200RPM Hard Drive

Thanks

This is an edit to original post

GPU iNvidea GEForce GT750

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

MB: Maximus VII Hero LGA 1150 Z97 CPU: i7 4790 MEM: Muskin Redline 16GB

Cooling: H100i PSU: EVGA superNova 850 GFX: MSI 970 Win7 64 PRO

In a short answer, for me rare, Yes, that will run FSX just fine and dandy. The HD is almost big enough, too! :D

Kidding. That system will work fine as is.

Pat☺

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Had a thought...then there was the smell of something burning, and sparks, and then a big fire, and then the lights went out! I guess I better not do that again!

Sgt, USMC, 10 years proud service, Inactive reserve now :D

If possible, I would ask the store if they can add a 256 gb SSD drive, and put Win on there.

SSD's are quiet and read and write fast.

FSX can go on the SSD as well.

Keep the 1000 gb drive installed as well, as a Data drive. Save pictures, documents and such on there.

With the videocard I think you mean GTX750 ?

A gt750 is a laptop videocard I believe.

For a desktop you would possibly get a GTX 750, that's a very nice card for fsx.

(But nvidia has many nice cards)

The system seems fine as is, cpu, ram, Windows version, and HDD are all good, but a SSD is really a nice asset.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Archived