Software Reccomendations to display Gauges on a Panel

monkeysuncle

Hi, all, I've been wracking my brain trying to decide on a panel building software. In my cockpit, I have 2 saitek radios, a switch panel and a multipanel, and a Desktop Aviator GPS. So what I really need is to display instruments and indicators on a separate LCD panel. I want to be able to fully customize it to match my cockpit, in a more generic style, ie simple background and no "actual cockpit" background. I'm looking into simPlugins PanelBuilder, FS Panel Studio, Sim Touch Gauges, and simTouch Plus 2. I don't need touch capability, and am running everything on 1 computer only, so I don't need networking. PanelBuilder seems like my best choice, but the demo was too limited to really assess it. I'd like to avoid paying $50 if there is a better solution. Couldn't tell is Panel Studio will allow me to use a simple background. Running FSX.

thanks, Dave

Intel Core i5 6600K 3.9GHz | MSI Z170A Krait Gaming 3X Motherboard | G.Skill Ripjaws 2x8GB DDR4 SDRAM PC4 25600 | MSI GeForce GTX-950 2GB | MSI GeForce 710 |Crucial MX300 525 GB SSD | EVGA 500 Ba 100-0500-KR 80+ Bronze 500W | Windows 10 Home | FSX Gold With Acceleration

Hi Dave

I've got simPlugins for my A2A Mustang but found that there are accuracy issues pulling the data for the gauges since A2A has that information outside of FSX. In the last few days I have purchased Air Manager from Sim Innovations. They are now accurately pulling the LVAR's from A2A gauges. The Air Manager is only $32 US dollars and gauges are free to download.

I purchased Air Manager based on high recommendations from another forum. I have not installed Air Manager yet but will in the next day or two.

Ed

• 2 weeks later...

Hi, Ed, I saw a demo of Air Manager at FlightSimCon this year. I went with it, and it's doing the job. I like it.

dave

Intel Core i5 6600K 3.9GHz | MSI Z170A Krait Gaming 3X Motherboard | G.Skill Ripjaws 2x8GB DDR4 SDRAM PC4 25600 | MSI GeForce GTX-950 2GB | MSI GeForce 710 |Crucial MX300 525 GB SSD | EVGA 500 Ba 100-0500-KR 80+ Bronze 500W | Windows 10 Home | FSX Gold With Acceleration

Archived