Blinking Vehicles in add-on airport

flytiti

Hi Guys,

I made a simple FSX add-on airport with Airport Design Editor (without terrain polygon) but with a photorealistic area,

I used various libraries for hangers, Generic buildings and FSXP vehicles library (Veh_ParkingLot) for instance :

-Veh_ParkingLot_Reno_01,

-Veh_ParkingLot_Big_01,

-Veh_ParkingLot_Medium_03,

LFAY.jpg

Question :when I fly near the parking, I can see some raw of vehicules who disappear and come back, have you an idea ?

Thank you for your response.

Yes- This is a possibility- did you possibly choose fsxp default library to place lines of cars? For some reason the lines of cars don't seem to be working very well. single cars do.

I would delete these and perhaps use something like Sidney Schwartz's parkinglots-ss.

You can find his library and email him for permission to use. I am sure he will agree.

Or go to default library vehicles_land and choose individual cars and trucks and place those.

How I know this is friends of mine on Skype have experienced this. I ran a few tests on beta-testing my friend's scenery and arrived at this. He thought it was his computer. Happened on mine and two others beta-testing for him as well.

Bunch of us help each other on Skype - anyone welcome if they choose. Bob

Hi, Bob,

I made many tests with two placement files :

1 - one with FSXP vehicles library (Veh_ParkingLot) for the big parking and the small one

near trees (see image),

2 - one with Orbxlibs_vehicles.bgl for the big parking and FSXP vehicles for the small

==> I note with the file #2 none blinking parking (even for the small parking) so, Orbx is very strong, it can stabilize FSX !!

I have seen a thread on fsdevelopper :

http://www.fsdeveloper.com/forum/threads/how-to-make-several-vehicles-in-one-group.23251/

I made a new test with less vehicles and small lot , so know, that seems to be working.

FSX is really 'susceptible'; I keep going on this way (Orbx library is very beautiful but very 'suceptible' too). Know , it's me who is blinking !

Have a good day

Flytiti- Wonderful you fixed it. I guess there is something amiss with FSXP multiple cars. Your Orbxlib is good. My personal preference s I do not buy Orbx.... I make my own sceneries; why should I buy hundreds of dollars of scenery when I can make just as good. Orbx does have wonderful mesh properties, however. Also- as I understand if I fly out of one Orbx region into another I have to shut down the previous one and activate the up-coming one. Maybe newer versions don't do that. But anyway. Orbx is good stuff.

I just got done with a dandy photoreal.... turned out nice.

Hope to see you soon on Skype if you choose. I wonder if there is a way to fix FSXP? Hmmmm?

Hi Bob,

It seems that blinking is caused by an insufficient spacing between rows of vehicles lot more than the group type itself.

I tested all FSX Setting Display (Scenery) but without influence to stop this blinking.

So my method : I add row by row and I see what happen but it's very long.

I have just ORBX Freeware FTX Global Airport Packs for Europe and free aiports that I improve like this one or free add-on.

All these add-on payware type are very beautiful but lead instability (if too numerous) of our poor old FSX and I don't want to buy a Cray computer for my FSX

OK, thank's for your help and see you soon, if I find an easier solution , I 'll tell you.

Flytiti- Usually payware gives much attention to not being unstable. there are a number of things done, but the most intensive is 'drawcalls' .... even more so than polygon count.

Thanx for the info on the default LIB. Often I use cars I made of 11 15 kb each, so they are a bit squarish, but they take up far fewer polys. The only thing I do not cheat on are the tires. I hate those octagon tires you see. I make them round but only half a tire since you will never see the other half.

For parking lots I either use Sid Schwartz's library or I make them in ADE using gp poly. and gp lines.

This a little more work, but I didn't want to go mow the front lawn anyway!

BTW- instead of uploading a scenery and telling the user to go find this or that whole library when all you used out of that library were three items and the library was about 85 items, I contact the author of that library for permission to use some items, letting him know this is for freeware.

I always get permission, and I give them the kudos in my readme file. This way I don't 'pollute' someone's computer with a huge library AND textures which will never be used.

I recently discussed the above with some other fellows a while back on some thread who do the opposite.... make the user go find the entire library. Now they won't speak to me anymore! hahaha! I respect their opinion, but they don't respect mine. Oh well. They're good guys.

I have no fear of accidently using someone else's object. I know if I made that object or not! hahaha! If you ever need anything from my work you have permission to use it; just let me know. my name- Robert Lacy here and on Avsim.

Do you use ModelConverterX? BTW- Good work on all your testing... Thanx, bob

Oh- Sorry... BTW means by the way... ;) Good that you have MCX... Time saver isn't it?!! I'd have to go find parking lots-SS. I have it, but I think I would need to send Sidney a note on this. My stuff... no problem. Ever made static aircraft? I have done a few. I wasn't too hot with the textures, but since I bought FASDS books I got much better.... still not the greatest but a heck of a lot better than in the past.

Ever messed with ground polys and ground poly lines in ADE?

I use Skype, dropbox, FSDS, and many more tools. where are you from? Bob

Hi Bob,

I contacted Sidney, the library is on Avsim (I didn't even think having a look at Avsim ! )

now it's ok, no more bliking except if I mix parking lots-SS with FSX parling lots and

I'm not ashamed to fly over my French scenery anymore

Thank you Bob and Sydney

Archived