Playing FSX at 1440p and 4K

Hi, I was wondering if anyone has any experience playing FSX at resolutions higher than 1080p.

I'm thinking of upgrading my graphics card and monitor later this year. I will almost certainly getting a higher fidelity monitor but not sure how this will impact FSX.

Does anyone how FSX behaves at 1440p, 1440p ultrawide or 4k? (I haven't yet decided what way I am going to go).

I do play other games as well as FSX.

I know that worst case I can always just run FSX at 1080p on a 4K monitor but it wont look quite as nice as on my 1080p monitor due to scaling. I have to say the ultrawide would be nice for FSX if it works. If 1440p ultrawide would be too taxing on my GPU though I could run it at 1080p Ultrawide (if supported) but again I will have slight loss of fidelity due to downscaling.

Don't know what to do!

How about 1920X1080? That's what mine's set at...

Pat☺

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Had a thought...then there was the smell of something burning, and sparks, and then a big fire, and then the lights went out! I guess I better not do that again!

Sgt, USMC, 10 years proud service, Inactive reserve now :D

there is one problem with UHD televisions in particular, using HDMI as the cable technology.....

HDMI is too clever, its receivers and senders try to sharpen images by giving them black outlines and all sorts of things. THis stuffs up screen fonts and gauges and all sorts of things from 3D rendered programs. Just make sure you get something which is actually a computer monitor, and not an LCD display.

Here are three pictures I took 1440, 1920, and 3840. Quite a difference. My specs are in my signature.

1440.jpg

1920.jpg

3840 2.jpg

GPU: GeForce GTX 1080

CPU: Intel Core i7-7700K CPU@4.2GHz

Memory: 16.00GB Ram

Resolution: 3840 x 2160, 30Hz Seiki 39†Monitor

Operating System: Windows 10 Home Edition

As a general rule, as long as the resolution set in the sim matches the monitor's "Native" resolution, and the monitor is set to it's native resolution, it will give the best result.

So if you get a huge monitor, just leave it set to it's native resolution, set the sim to that, and it will probably work very satisfactorally.

Just a thought...

Pat☺

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Had a thought...then there was the smell of something burning, and sparks, and then a big fire, and then the lights went out! I guess I better not do that again!

Sgt, USMC, 10 years proud service, Inactive reserve now :D

2560x1440.jpgThis one is 2560x1440. These are the resolutions I used previously. 1440x900 - 1920x1080 - 3240x2160

GPU: GeForce GTX 1080

CPU: Intel Core i7-7700K CPU@4.2GHz

Memory: 16.00GB Ram

Resolution: 3840 x 2160, 30Hz Seiki 39†Monitor

Operating System: Windows 10 Home Edition

Archived