Real vs Sim featuring Aeroworx King Air

Stole your idea, Wingzie. Sorry. :p

Following on from the screens of the amazing Aeroworx King Air, some pics from a real B200 to show the accuracy of the Aeroworx version as well. Thats basically identical. 1 knot difference! Also ITT bascially the same considering all engines not exactly the same. Impressive!

http://i1373.photobucket.com/albums/ag376/Jonno_aus/iFly%20747/B200%20max%20cruise/b200a_zpskbnwuuin.jpg

http://i1373.photobucket.com/albums/ag376/Jonno_aus/iFly%20747/B200%20max%20cruise/Screenshot41431%20copy_zpsk2xkiu05.jpg

An awesome article by Chris Frishmuth (real B200 pilot) on the sim vs real using the Aerowrx King Air. Worth a read for the King Air fans!

http://www.simhq.com/_air3/air_112a.html

Some words from Chris on the Aeroworx add-on :

The attention to detail and operational accuracy of the systems and instruments is simply jaw dropping to this real-life King Air pilot. I have shown the Aeroworx B200 to my colleagues at work (18 experienced King Air B200 pilots) and all have shown a similar reaction of astonishment at the realistic depiction and operational accuracy of the B200. In fact, our B200 ground school instructor has made it known that he’d like to use the Aeroworx B200 2D cockpit to teach new-hire first officers the functions of the switches and systems that he is teaching in class!

I’ve only just briefly touched on the depth, complexity and accuracy of the Aeroworx B200 avionics and systems modeling but suffice it to say I was floored with the level of detail that went into this package.

One last point I’d like to make that is that if you fly the Aeroworx as it was designed to fly, you have on your computer a simulation that, in my mind, rivals the best flight training simulators out there (and I’ve spent quite a few hours in the FlightSafety King Air 200 full motion simulator!).

Stole your idea, Wingzie. Sorry. :p
'Twas there for the stealing, Jon!

Wish we could see more one-on-one screens...

The sims are very often "As Real as it Gets"! and can be a reminder of how "Spoiled We Are" with having this wonderful simulation toy.

As to the Aeroworx B200, it certainly was a seminal work, and still valid.

I'd like Carenado to work over a few bits of the passenger cabin, but keep the guts of it, exactly as is!

Notwithstanding a bit of age showing IRL and in Sim, this 45-year old design still rocks.

You made me take out my RNZAF version and go beat up Whenuapai!

Here's more Real vs Sim I found... what a great model.

http://i64.photobucket.com/albums/h200/CHARL_photos/SOH/KA3.jpg

Not that hard... Warbirds Over Wanaka happens every couple of years.

The RealNZ Wanaka scenery cleverly triggers stands and such at the appropriate time of year.

Put the bird in, and you're done.

Tell you what is spooky: when he made the scenery, Robin Corn put the TV cameramen in exactly the same spot as this photo!

Maybe he used the same photo as I did :cool:

Not that hard... Warbirds Over Wanaka happens every couple of years.

The RealNZ Wanaka scenery cleverly triggers stands and such at the appropriate time of year.

Put the bird in, and you're done.

Tell you what is spooky: when he made the scenery, Robin Corn put the TV cameramen in exactly the same spot as this photo!

Maybe he used the same photo as I did :cool:

Be careful, a magician should never give away his tricks. :p

Nice paint job on the B200. Yeah a new VC by Carendao keeping true to the original photoscenery style for the 2D and some more paints for the exterior wouldn't go astray either.

Archived