Having problems with the EGLL Mega Airport Extended for 2004

Horacios

Hi there,

Maybe someone can help me with this problem, I have the very nice EGLL Mega Airport from Aerosoft for FS2004, and the standard airplanes just are sinking in the tarmac some of them untill the engines touch the ground! is not nice to see!

Maybe is something easy to repair, but I'm not very good at it!

Hopping to hear from you soon!

Best regards

Cub51

Hi, pschlute,

Its a new computer with a fresh FS2004 just install, EGLL is the only airport with this problem, I got Mega Airport Barcelona, and no problems at all, same with Mega Airport Orly , etc.

Thanks anyway!

Cub51

Cub51,

AI aircraft always park and taxi on the default airport's elevation. Therfore, if there's an elevation difference between the default airport and the addon one, your AI aircraft will either hang up in the air or will (partially) sink into the ground.

Editing the default airport's elevation in your file AP947130.bgl is one way of solving your problem, e.g. via the freeware program JABBgl. However, many simmers are aprehensive about editing default files and instead create, e.g. a flatten statement either in their scenery.cfg file or they create a flatten bgl file in their Generic scenery folder.

Good luck.

Hans

Hi Cub51,

I believe I had the same issue many years ago after I updated the scenery perhaps and from memory I believe there is a file which can be downloaded to help with this issue which goes in the LHR scenery folder. I am not with my PC setup at the moment so can't get the file name or anything but maybe a search of the Aerosoft forums will reveal this?

Hope this helps - sorry not much to go on [emoji848]

Nick B

Long Time FS9 and AI traffic junkie ✈️

Hi Nick,

Thank you very much for your post, I want to tell you, I don't speak very good english, and when someone try to explain with a lot of dificult terms(at list for me!) I don't understand nothing at all, if you have time, maybe you can help me to find the file that I need to try to fix this problem, sometimes I get very frustrated!

Sorry to put this burden on your shoulders, don't worry, if you don't have time, still goed friends!

Thanks again

sincerely yours

Cub51

PS. I'll like to know what kind of traffic you use in your simulator! and if you know a good program to enhance the textures in FS2004.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi,

Can you go to your FS9 folder and into the Scenery/World/Scenery folder and see if you have a file there ALT_EGLL_FS9.BGL?

I have recently got back into t6he FS world and doing a pretty big overhaul of my AI as the last update i did was 2008/09! Most European carriers have been updated in my sim now and most major international airlines, BA, AA, AF, LH) will be getting an update this summer. I am putting alot more corp jets and general traffic in my sim now too to add to the realism.... I have about 200 odd traffic BGL's right now (every airline has its own BGL and its growing everyday!

RE textures - when you download you have the option of either using DXT or 32bit quality textures - 32bit being the more detailed but also has a bigger impact on FS performance.

Hope this helps :)

N

Archived