Airplane Variation Textures Not Showing

Hi all.

Just installed an add-on, a Grumman G-73 Mallard from here, file name: fsxmallardradial.zip Followed the install directions as listed in the download to the letter.

For some reason, only the "black" bitmaps will show both in details screen and game. (those are in the base texture folder)

This has happened with other planes as well, where only the textures that are in the "texture" folder will show.

I'm running FSX (whatever the final SP was can't remember), Windows 8.1 with Nvidia GTX 660 Ti.

I installed a paid Carrenado Cessna 182 RG package recently, which works fine, but since then, I have had this issue with add-on aircraft not displaying properly.

I'm sure I'm missing something or messed something up. Any help would be appreciated.

The description for the Mallard says it's a port over, originally an FS9 aircraft. Most likely you have DX10 checked in the display properties. The Carenado C182 is most likely an FSX native airplane. I say that because I think it was originally an fS9 airplane converted to FSX later.

Glenn

are you saying the different variations (paintjobs) of the aircraft are not showing in the selection menu?

or that when you select a variation, and go the the aircraft details page (where the aircraft spins around on display) only parts of the airplane are showing??? (those whose textures are shared amongst all repaints in the texture folder)?

In aircraft view window you have to choose 'ALL' for 'Show Variations' option. And it's 'Main Texture' folder (not 'Base Texture' folder - which is not used by FSX but is for doing repaints) so I am pointing out you using wrong TERMINOLOGY (which is VERY important when it comes to anything 'Computer' related).

Chuck B

Napamule

i7 2600K @ 3.4 Ghz (Turbo-Boost to 3.877 Ghz), Asus P8H67 Pro, Super Talent 8 Gb DDR3/1333 Dual Channel, XFX Radeon R7-360B 2Gb DDR5, Corsair 650 W PSU, Dell 23 in (2048x1152), Windows7 Pro 64 bit, MS Sidewinder Precision 2 Joy, Logitech K-360 wireless KB & Mouse, Targus PAUK10U USB Keypad for Throttle (F1 to F4)/Spoiler/Tailhook/Wing Fold/Pitch Trim/Parking Brake/Snap to 2D Panel/View Change. Installed on 250 Gb (D:). FS9 and FSX Acceleration (locked at 30 FPS).

I have the filename you mentioned installed in FSX and all variations show. I have added the Chalks cabin view selected by a toggle on the 2d panel. I am going to add the other cabin views too. I also have added right and left wing and tail camera definitions. There is a Hobbs gauge called out in the VC. It is an FS98 gauge which will not work in FSX and you will get the error message every time you load any variation. Just comment it out in the panel.cfg to eliminate the error message. Bob.

Everyone who took the time to reply to this moron (that's me! :o) Thanks much!

The mistake was mine. Like the idiot I am, I had DOWNLOADED the SP patches (1&2) BUT NEVER INSTALLED THEM!

Patched FSX with those, and all my texture issues are now fixed.

Again, I'm a moron, and I apologize for wasting your time! (Palm to face goes here) :-)

Archived