Eastern Airlines Livery Question-- Did they ever have yellow?

Cleaning out my closet, I managed to find an old toy diecast metal replica of a B727 Whisper Jet, with Eastern Airlines livery, from my childhood. However, the plane is painted yellow, not white or raw aluminum silver like I think most of them were in the late 60's, 70's, and early 80's.

I'm curious, can anyone recall a period where Eastern used yellow paint with the blue stripes, such as on this model I have pictured here? If so, what years and which types of aircraft would it have been on? I checked the liveries for Eastern on the HJG website already, and to no avail.

Thanks,

-- John

http://s32.postimg.org/61270i2x1/Yellow_Eastern_Airlines_B727.jpg

• 3 weeks later...

No, not that I ever saw, and I was around airliners and airports a good bit during the era when they used the hockey stick logo.

You can probably do some research on Airliners.net - if they have no pictures of a livery like this it is likely that none ever existed, since a picture like that would be sufficiently rare that it would surely find its way onto Airliners!

Most likely what has happened here is that the paint used on this apparently die-cast metal model has faded and changed color over the years

Archived