Modern style GPS wanted.

I've recently setup a pretty sophisticated Sim using 5 monitors and fly real life scenario's and desire a better GPS that has more options available.

I'd like to have a GPS if able that has all databases of airports and approaches, not the limited one I'm finding on my FSX. GPS and ILS are my preferred approaches, but when I search for airports the options have limited options and usually no GPS approaches.

Any suggestions? I like free, but relies nothing cool is free. Any good ideas?

I'm hoping I can do a simple download of some sort?

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Charles Prof. Pilot.

I-7, 2600, 3.4 GHz, 8 Gb, 2TB.

Win 7,

NVIDIA GTX 770 (5 Monitors)

Hi Charles,

For FSX:

RealityXP GNS430/530

Mindstar GNS430/530

Flight1 GTN650/750

For P3D:

Mindstar GNS430/530

Flight1 GTN650/750

Most people prefer the GTN's for the fancy touch screens and inclusion of airways... Pretty pricey though - you buy the 650 and 750 individually - and not transferrable between FSX and P3D... Irks me a bit as the bulk of the programming is capitalizing off the Garmin trainer software - but when you're the only game in town... Also - no real navdata update path unless you're buying the real data from Garmin...

Mindstar wrote their GPS from the ground up - is a bit cheaper - but relies on their own navdata subscription service... It also doesn't have 100% of the GNS functionality - but is suitable for navigation since real world trainers use it as well...

Regards,

Scott

bJQZKiw.png

Check the library for gps6.zip or, if you prefer a WAAS, fswaasv2.zip.

Are those what you're looking for?

Pat☺

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Had a thought...then there was the smell of something burning, and sparks, and then a big fire, and then the lights went out! I guess I better not do that again!

Sgt, USMC, 10 years proud service, Inactive reserve now :D

Archived