WoAI

patriornet12

can anyone tell me where, or what folder you put world of AI aircraft in . So that they appear at the airports in FS 2004. I have them separate from the regular aircraft at present in there own folder. I found out how to do so in FSX Steam , but I'm not sure in FS 2004 CofF .Any feedback would be much appreciated.thanks in advance for any help.

Own folder? Hmm, did you install them manually? If so, drag and drop them in your FS2004 directory but in the Aircraft folder of the main FS2004 folder so that will be in X\fs2004\Aircraft .. But beware you will have to add the [fltsim.x] of each aircraft livery in the aircraft.cfg file of the belonging aircraft. Then add the traffic file (the bgl file) of the aircrafts in Scenery\World\Scenery

World of AI comes with an installer, install the packages you desire using the installer. The installer should have a section where it tells you to locate your FS2004 location, set the path then install the packages that you want. The installer will install them automatically to their belonging locations. By doing that, it's the easiest and fastest way to add World of AI.

From the responses it seems all aircraft in fs2004 go in the /arcraft floder.

When Woai adds a plane it looks if the oplane is already installed. If it is it only adds the new livery to the plane.

That means it is best to move your saved airplanes to the /aircraft folder, and then direct the woai installer there in future.

If you make it install to a seperat location it will install the whole aircraft there.

You will then have to do all te work of:

checking if you already have that exact plane,

checking if you maybe already had that airline,

adding the livery, and the section for it in the aircraft.cfg

and moving the ai trafficplan .bgl file.

Better let the Woai installer do that stuff for you.

-----

Actually, on second thought, the new woai installer you now are using won't know what you already installed, so you may have to be careful not to install duplicates of airlines. Espacially if you renamed the .bgl files you have now.

I think the Woai installer checks only what IT installed previously, and not what you have installed already by looking in the folder.

So, if you don't have loads of Woai yet it may be easyest and safest to simply start over and reinstall all packs you have now by using the installer.

I have saved all the Woai packs I downloaded. In a folder on D:\\ so for me that would be the way to go.

You can make the WOAI installer install more then one pack at once.

I would just click select file, then select every file in that folder on D:\ all in one go, and press install.

If you already deleted the files after you installed them that may not be so easy.

-------

Not a FS9 user myself, someone please tell him if I'm on the wrong track!

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

FS2004/FSX World-of-AI Installer. This is the World-of-AI Installer version 2.4. Youll need this installer for future World-of-AI releases. You will also need the Microsoft .NET framework 2.0 to make the installer work. The installer is compatible with Microsoft FSX and FS2004. This update fixes a bug with the Frontier Express package. It also now has the possibility to decompile the flight plan to the txt files when doing a manual installation of our packages. By Peter van der Veen.
[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Archived