Saitek questions...

KCD

New Saitek Pro and throttle quadrant, but I'm confused.

1.) I have the black set as the throttle (default) (Z) and it works as it is supposed to.

2.) I have the blue set as the propeller Axis (X rotater) and it works, but not as it is supposed to; the levers travel from top to bottom and back, but the corresponding lever in the VC only returns part way to the full open position.

3.) The red I set ti Mixture Axis Y rotater); it doesn't move the mixture levers in the VC at all.

Can anybody five me advise as to what I need to do to get this item to work? I want to set it so the throttle lever woll work for singles and twins. Prop and Misture should be set the same. Anhelp appreciated.

Thanks in advance...

First of all, thanks for your quick response. I'm in FS9, not FSX, but that should not be a big issue. And yes, I believe I have calibrated, although it is difficult for me to tell as I do not get the same old calibration screens I used to get before Saitek. This could very well be where my problem is, I suppose, but on the screen I do get, all the items associated with the controller are recognized and appear to work. Is there a trick to calibrating this thing? I tried from within FS9 and from windows, but am not sure I ever got a firm calibration.

First of all, thanks for your quick response. I'm in FS9, not FSX, but that should not be a big issue. And yes, I believe I have calibrated, although it is difficult for me to tell as I do not get the same old calibration screens I used to get before Saitek. This could very well be where my problem is, I suppose, but on the screen I do get, all the items associated with the controller are recognized and appear to work. Is there a trick to calibrating this thing? I tried from within FS9 and from windows, but am not sure I ever got a firm calibration.

I have the same set up (FSX) but with two throttle units ie 6 levers and corresponding buttons. I have had problems setting these levers too. My own experience varies between different aircraft, some work with no issues and others do not. Throttles are rarely a problem but the calibration of prop and mixture (particularly prop for some reason) is common. Do you have FSUIPC? I found this to be a help when setting axis and calibration. Conflict can arise though if you have duplicate selections in the sim. By far the best way in my own experience is to disable the joystick in the sim and do all your settings/axis selection/calibration and button selections in FSUIPC. Not difficult but a little time consuming but I found the axis accuracy to be superior. There is quite a few youtube stuff on how to calibrate in FSUIPC. Hope this helps.

Tweedy, Can't say if it will or not, time will tell. I will hold your advice until needed. I managed to get things working and have tested it with twins and singles, all works OK (it was a matter of sensitivity settings... had I read the instructions, I might not have posted!)Anyway, problem solved, at least for the time being. I appreciate all your help; as always it is comforting to know there is a place to go when help is needed!

I seem to recall my saitek throttle doing something similar. Look around in the calibration window for 'reset to default settings' or something like that, and click on that. IIRC, that solved it.

Nadlzfw

I seem to have repaired the initial problem, but now I have a new one... The red button on the right side of the yoke is programmed to run through various views. Pane, VC, outside, etc., a great and handy tool, but for some reason, the controller will change those views with no manual input to the button. Any thoughts as to what might be causing such a thing?

Have used a Satek controls set up for about eight years and have not experienced your problems. Just a thought, did you download and install the Satek driver; their site tabs it for FSX but it is for FS9 as well. ( I use FS9 ). I replaced my Satek yolk and levers a couple of weeks ago. Go on their site, see if they have an answer! Roy.

I seem to have repaired the initial problem, but now I have a new one... The red button on the right side of the yoke is programmed to run through various views. Pane, VC, outside, etc., a great and handy tool, but for some reason, the controller will change those views with no manual input to the button. Any thoughts as to what might be causing such a thing?

It seems to be a common Saitek problem. I've had the Saitek yoke-throttle combo for years and it likes to switch views on me at the worst times, usually on approach. One of the so called fixes is that you shouldn't program buttons 9 or 10. Also switching the modes (1,2 or 3) can sometimes help. I've never found a permanent fix. Here's a thread that might be useful. It's for FSX but that doesn't really matter as it's a Saitek issue:

http://www.avsim.com/topic/282682-su...-view-changes/

Archived