Where is this Texture - Default FS9 Cessna 182S

flyer8

I'm trying my first repaint and am using a blank by Mark Rooks. The blank is for the default Cessna 182S and I cannot find the edge texture for the right stabilizer. Mind you, its just the very edge of the stabilizer, the rest of the little wing was easy. Is this just a crummy masking job or is there a texture missing.

Please advise and thanks!

Right Stabilizer - Close Up.png

[sarcastic mode]Welcome to the joys of painting default planes[/sarcastic mode]

Hope this helps...

Capture.JPG

peace,

the Bean

WWOD---What Would Opa Do? Farewell, my freind (sp)

Never argue with idiots.

They drag you down to their level and beat you with experience

Thank you, thank you, thank you!

Wow, I've been on a really steep learning curve here, working masks, the gaussian blurs, pixel by pixel, and all the while realizing just how much I suck at this. I'll write you an object model any day, and I thought I knew the word tedious, live and learn.

I didn't want to discover that texture was on the half part of the airplane which was not included. Gosh, my heart sunk for a moment there...Hero bean!!!

Honestly, using the default planes to learn how to paint is setting yourself up for frustration.

They are some of the hardest planes to paint and you will find many areas that make you scratch your head and wonder why.

There are many nice freeware planes that are easier to paint and some even come with real paint kits, not just white textures.

Even some of the payware are easy to paint, though some do have issues.

peace

the Bean

[added]

Forgot to say, the entire plane is there, it uses one set of pixels for both sides. Pretty common on the defaults.

[/added]

WWOD---What Would Opa Do? Farewell, my freind (sp)

Never argue with idiots.

They drag you down to their level and beat you with experience

Archived