Instant Object Studio/Instant Scenery 3 - fences on uneven terrain

old grey dog

I am a newby to this software so I'm probably missing something.

I'm wanting to create fences, but I've found when I use the utility in Instant Object Studio, my fences disappear into the ground because they are created level and do not adjust to the terrain level. Clearly Flight1's demo video is sited on level terrain so this problem does not arise.

Is the solution to use a short fenc object and place a line of them so they form a continuous line using Instant Scenery 3?

Or is there a way to make fence objects in Instant Object Studio sit on the ground?

Any object will have one reference point that controls the elevation for that object.

To have terrain hugging fences you are going to have to model that object with the terrain changes built into it or use multiple objects.

peace,

the Bean

WWOD---What Would Opa Do? Farewell, my freind (sp)

Never argue with idiots.

They drag you down to their level and beat you with experience

• 1 month later...

Regardless of what program you use to place fences, they will follow the ground, but only the ground in your flat airport area. There is a program that will do what you want but it is payware, not worth it in my opinion.

1. You have an active scenery with airport and such.

2. You want to place your own fencing around it.

3. make a flatten file around the airport out as far as where you will put your fencing.

4. Now your fences will be on flat ground.

Archived