addon placment

mitchb

Scenery you can place anywhere on your local HD's. You just have to be able to "tell" the sim where it is when you activate it in the File Library. Aircraft have to be in FSX\Simobjects\Airplanes or the sim can't find them. IE: they have to be in the proper folder under the main FSX folder. For FS9 (FS9 and FS2004 are synonymous), they need to be in FS2004\Aircraft for it to find them. Like, for example, you main FS2004 folder is in C:\Games\FS2004. Then airplanes would go into C\Games\FS2004\Aircraft. Again, though, scenery can be anywhere in FS9, as long s you can "point" the sim to it when you activate it. Using our example for FS9 again, you could put your Scenery in D:\My Scenery\FS9\KSFO (if it were a scenery folder named KSFO that you extracted from the zipfile you downloaded :D ), if you so choose.

FSX-SE is somewhat of a special case, as Steam likes to bury it in their folder structure, thus: C:\Steam\steamapps\common\FSX . If you don't know where to look it can be a little hard to find, but that's where it is. Aircraft still have to go into ...\FSX\Simobjects\Airplanes, but again, scenery can go anywhere.

Does that answer your question, sir?

Pat☺

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Had a thought...then there was the smell of something burning, and sparks, and then a big fire, and then the lights went out! I guess I better not do that again!

Sgt, USMC, 10 years proud service, Inactive reserve now :D

Archived