Thrustmaster Hotas X & Logitech Exteme 3D Pro with FSX

chris18p

I have both of the above controllers and have used them in parallel and separately (making sure there are no duplicate bindings) and get the same problem. Namely, the flight controls are to me over sensitive especially when trying to make an approach. I find that a slight movement on the joystick makes an exaggerated movement on the aircraft so the aircraft bobs around like a cork in a bottle and goes completely off track.

I have been away from FSX for some time (so back to basics) and I am finding it very frustrating not being able to have reasonable control over the aircraft during an approach and I am having to rely on autopilot to make a landing. I have gone through all the joystick calibration for both etc. and tried various things I found on the web but not joy.

I find it hard to understand why both joysticks seem to be displaying the same issue and have wondered if it might be my hardware or the fact that I am too heavy handed on the controls causing the problem.

At the moment I am going through the various aircraft to see if there are major differences between them as this will influence which one I will fly on a regular basis.

I recently came across an article that suggested setting all axis settings at max sensitivity and all null zones at zero but have yet to try this. It seems this is a "fix" some have used with success. It is something to do with the way FSX interprets the signals from the joystick.

I have seen lots of reference to FSUIPC and have installed the FREE version but have no idea how to use it or whether the FREE version will provide any help. I do know that the FREE version doesn't allow joystick binding (I think).

I have also seen articles on Joystick Curves but again no idea how that works or whether it would be of any use.

At the moment I have disconnected my Logitech joystick and want to concentrate on the Thrustmaster as I think having both is perhaps a distraction.

I would be very grateful for any help on this as it is frustrating me beyond belief at not being able to make at least a reasonable approach.

Getting old is wonderful, when you consider the alternative.

If it were ME, which it isn't, I'd pick one or t'other. I have never tried it, but I am not sure that having two joysticks connected at once is a good thing. Could they be interfering with one another? One's curve being applied to the other incorrectly? Just trying to think of possibilities...

The FREE version of FSUIPC doesn't have anything to do with joystick curves that I am aware of. I may be wrong on that, but I am pretty sure you need the payware version to get the joystick control out of it.

Does any of that help at all?

Pat☺

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Had a thought...then there was the smell of something burning, and sparks, and then a big fire, and then the lights went out! I guess I better not do that again!

Sgt, USMC, 10 years proud service, Inactive reserve now :D

Thanks Pat.

Since posting I have removed the Logitech and concentrated on getting the Thrustmaster working OK. In theory, from looking at various YouTube videos etc. having 2 controllers shouldn't be a problem provided the assignments/bindings aren't duplicated. However, I know from past experience that sometime 2 pieces of computer hardware that should work can clash.

At the moment I am trying various fixes I have found by searching forums such as this and I will post back in due course.

Thanks for the info on FSUIPC I thought that was the case.

Getting old is wonderful, when you consider the alternative.

I didn't have a dual setup but I definitely had the oversensitivity you refer to. To that end, because at the moment I only fly the default C172 I changed the sensitivity in the airplane.cfg file (quick YouTube video will help you on that)

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

Archived