Add-On scenery in Windows 10

westway

I always found add-on scenery to not run as smoothly as I would like, even in my favorite Windows 7, but is there more of a issue with Windows 10. In my new gaming PC with Windows 10 I wanted to include a downloaded scenery file. In the scenery library I went to Add-On, located the scenery file, then right-clicked mouse in white area expecting the scenery would then move to library, however all the right clicking did nothing, even tried to click gray area, still nothing. Is there some magic bullet that I am missing to make this work?

First, I think the mistake you are making is RIGHT clicking in the white area - it should be a LEFT click.

Second, Depending on how you have your FSX installed you MAY encounter problems down to the inbuilt Windows User Account Control (UAC) security tool. Its hit and miss as it affects some and not others but the general opinion is to install FSX in its own folder (i.e. C:\FSX for example) and not in the default location of C:\Program......etc. If the problem is UAC related simply turn off UAC to make the changes.

Third, you can install most addon scenery outside of the FSX - some payware addons will only install into the main FSX directory. If your problem is UAC related it may alleviate the problem.

Fourth, use a scenery config editor to make it easier to add and control scenery addons. I can recommend the freeware tool SceneryConfigEditor (found at https://sourceforge.net/projects/fs-sceditor/. Using this tool is a doddle and means that you don't have to use the FSX scenery page to add new stuff.

Regards

Brian

Archived