Cannot Reinstall FSX

mejjo1989

Hello everyone,

After my recent HDD problems we are a step closer to flying again, however now i have my new HDD installed i'm having an issue reinstalling FSX. When i insert disc 1 it pops up to uninstall or repair. Now, FSX was installed on the hard drive that was returned but i did delete it off there before hand. I try to click uninstall and it pops up that a dll cannot be found to uninstall it. ( There are no FSX Files there to uninstall anyway )

If i then click the repair option, it goes through a repair stage and then asks me to insert disc 2. After i insert disc 2 it then runs for a few minutes and then says please insert disc.. It then goes no further and i'm stuck with rolling back the repair.

I have hunted through the C drive for any traces of FSX to delete them, I have also run CCleaner to remove any registry left behind by FSX and when i insert CD1 it still prompts me to uninstall or repair.

Does anyone have any idea what i can do so Windows does not think FSX is still installed on my D drive.

I can only assume there is something on the C drive that's causing my computer to think FSX is still installed as the brand new D drive is fresh out the box and never had FSX installed on it before.

Thank you. :)

uninstalling is two steps. First from add/remove progs, uninstall fsx accel, then from add rem progs uninstall fsx deluxe.

You probably forgot a step.

that means the registry entry is still there. windows 'thinks' fsx is installed.

you need to remove the reg entry.

use kb928080 for that.

run it exactly as instructed, here:

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/kb/928080

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Archived