P3D and AI Traffic Generators

kevchris

Hello All -

As a long time flight simmer, I have recently moved to P3D along with a new Jetline computer to run it - the results have been great! I have a question that I hope someone can answer, as I have seen conflicting pieces of information out there.

Is any of the commercially available AI traffic generators compatible with P3D, V3? I used to utilize Ultimate Traffic 2 with FSX, and miss the accurate traffic and liveries in P3D. Some of the comments seem to suggest that none of the products are yet compatible.

I would appreciate if you can provide any information, and hopefully direct me to the product should one currently exist.

Best regards,

Kevin

MyTraffic 6 is available for P3D. I know some are using UT2 - don't know if it's a hack or they have a new installer.

Vic

P3D Rig

I7 7700K @ 5.0ghz Asus Maximus X270 16G G.Skill 3600 15-15-15-18 2T EVGARTX2080ti Corsair 1000W PSU 1TB Samsung SSD for P3D - 2 - 256G OCZ Vector SSD - HAF X - Corsiar H100i V2 Liquid Cooler W10 64 Pro.

WOAI is the best, used it in FSX and use it in P3D.

Absolutely not because it is free, I never regret the money I spend on payware addons, it is the money spent on enjoyment. But, WOAI features beautiful aircraft models that look like a complete model, Aerosoft traffic and UT2 models are ugly. Ironically it is UT2 and ASTraffic that have a greater impact on fps performance. With WOAI I install the airlines I want for a "nice touch" and don't overload the sim with a gigaton of stuff that comes with Aerosoft traffic that makes it barely possible to run the sim.

UT2 is based on SimConnect and it still works fine in P3D V3. Installing it is a bit of a hack though, but nothing serious.

Btw. the models in UT2 are in a lot of cases the same ones as in WOAI (Aardvark, TFS, DJC, ...). And you can always direct UT2 to use the WOAI models. I still very much prefer the dynamic traffic handling via SimConnect over the rather static approach with BGLs.

• 2 weeks later...

+1

My experience with UT2 has been favourable in P3D v3.x. Better performance than BGL based addons. Is easily customized using PowerPack and database functions in UT2. Uses models from many of the same designers as WorldOfAI, Alpha India, etc.

On the minus side: no military aircraft, large number of Daedalus paints instead of correct repaints for many airlines, no 787. Also, have to trick system onto thinking you are running FSX; both for installation and operation.

Military can be added and Daedalus can be replaced with correct paints; but that requires time and patience. Creating a dummy FSX setup takes about 1 hour and is not overly complex. AI 787 available from a couple of designers.

I am a late convert to UT2, having used MyTraffic for several years. I really wish someone like Burkhard or Orbx could take over UT2 and bring it up to date. Just my 5 cents worth (we no longer have pennies in Canada).

• 4 months later...

I too have been running UT2 very well - after a bit of hacking - in P3D V3.1 but there have been some changes in the way that V3.2 has been configured which means that UT2 cannot be installed in the same way. Up to now, I've not figured out how to do it and there are no obvious hacks to get round the problem.

Maybe someone out there knows how to install UT2 into P3D V3.2.

+1

My experience with UT2 has been favourable in P3D v3.x. Better performance than BGL based addons. Is easily customized using PowerPack and database functions in UT2. Uses models from many of the same designers as WorldOfAI, Alpha India, etc.

On the minus side: no military aircraft, large number of Daedalus paints instead of correct repaints for many airlines, no 787. Also, have to trick system onto thinking you are running FSX; both for installation and operation.

Military can be added and Daedalus can be replaced with correct paints; but that requires time and patience. Creating a dummy FSX setup takes about 1 hour and is not overly complex. AI 787 available from a couple of designers.

I am a late convert to UT2, having used MyTraffic for several years. I really wish someone like Burkhard or Orbx could take over UT2 and bring it up to date. Just my 5 cents worth (we no longer have pennies in Canada).

This may not be super helpful since I've never used UT2 but I can vouch for MyTraffic 6 as well. Works great in 3.3 and never fails to deliver a good local spice to any airport as far as the types and liveries you see.
http://s6.postimg.org/a9i0d43tt/Capture.jpg

MyTraffic Pro works very well in P3D v3.2 and I suspect it'll work just as well in v3.3.5. After going through the "hack", you'll get your fair share of AI traffic so keep the percentage low. Even at 30%, you'll get near-full airport stands. It can be a little heavy on the system resources, but that all depends on where you are flying from/to.
- James

• 3 weeks later...

Archived