VR: HTC Vive, Okulus Rift, etc.

iaw4

• 1 month later...
Guest Robert455

Hi iaw4, I don't know when X-Plane will support VR natively but for now it doesn't. The guy that developed FlyInside is Dan Church and his website is http://www.flyinside-fsx.com. FlyInside only supports FSX and P3D for now though Dan has said he might look into adding support for X-Plane, as well as Dovetail's upcoming Flight School and Flight Simulator offerings. The Dovetail sims might be easier to do since they appear to be based largely on the Microsoft code base for FSX but are getting a big makeover. Dovetail has said that Flight School won't get VR support by them and they may or may not support VR natively for Flight Simulator. I'm sure they have a lot on their plate, though.

The only other sim at the moment that I am aware of that has VR support is DCS though their support for the Vive isn't very good just yet though they haven't had a Vive that long to get support in. War Thunder support for the Rift is broken right now - I think - but don't know if they have even started on supporting the Vive.

But VR support is great in FSX and P3D though there are some performance issues Dan is working on for the Vive. Everything is all good for the Rift right now. I prefer the Vive myself, and the support is good enough that I can do this:

Or the direct link:

yes, but my backhair raises every time I am considering buying a sim from 2006 in 2016. it was an amazing product when MS dropped it.

I still hope for a fs with satellite imagery and with hardware and software from 2015. I want to fly over NYC in the avenues in a 172 and watch the cars drive by ...

and of course in virtual reality.

/iaw

I want to fly over NYC in the avenues in a 172 and watch the cars drive by ...

Life each day as though you are flying an F-111 through New York City :D

C-172 is too slow. Go for the gusto!! ;)

Pat☺

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Had a thought...then there was the smell of something burning, and sparks, and then a big fire, and then the lights went out! I guess I better not do that again!

Sgt, USMC, 10 years proud service, Inactive reserve now :D

Archived