Project MD-82 & -83 by A.T.S.

Alfa-Mike

Hello everyone,

I'm AlfaMike of A.T.S. and I'm here because we never did an announcement on FlightSim about our MD-82 & -83 project for X-Plane, so probably very few of yours are aware about it.

My partner Parsec originally started the project in the very beginning of 2013 (you can check the original thread started at the .org on April, 2013) with the well-defined objective to hit the market with a study sim product provided with a very high level of realism: this mean that this is a project completely started from scratch (no conversions and/or re-use of existing material) alongside a long, and still in progress, documentation phase supported by two active MD-82 pilots.

I became a member of the team in the second half of 2014 and since then we totally changed the development process, both in terms of coding languages and increasing the number of simulated systems: of course this means a longer development time, but as I said we want to reach a high level of realism (we’ll not release a system until we’ll be satisfied enough) and this is the main reason we didn't marketing and advertisement until now, because showing something that is incomplete and/or unsatisfactory is not in our to-do list and our time is 100% dedicated to the development.

We'll keep you posted and we're sure you'll be very pleased with our product.

Thank you

AlfaMike & Parsec

Our website: http://ats-simulations.com/

Our MD-82/83 Project Youtube channel: A.T.S. Aircraft Training Solutions

Video development preview made by Thomas Rasmussen:

• 2 months later...

Last week-end our MD-82 was showed in the ModelExpo fair in Verona, there were a lot of interested people and overall judgement is very satisfactory!

Did a lot of online flights, mainly IVAO but even Vatsim, with our working TCAS showing all the online traffic.

• 3 weeks later...

A little preview of the terrain radar work-in-progress:

Screen Shot 2016-06-18 at 19.36.49.jpg

Elevations not yet considered, actually I'm working mainly to the terrain engine in order to understand which is the best way to map the area.

Please remember that the terrain radar is not a device originally meant to be high def/high res as we intend today, so a low/medium res could be accepted.

Actually available ranges are 10, 20, 40 and 80nm... I'm sure that further improvements are doable but I always write my code thinking at overall performances, so if I'll introduce some lags because a range extension to 160nm or a better display resolution I'll do a step back immediately.

• 2 weeks later...
Excellent work! Excited to fly this aircraft.

Intel i-9 13900KF @ 6.0 Ghz Cpu, MSI RTX 4090 Suprim Liquid X 24GB Videocard, MSI MAG CORELIQUID C360 Water Cooler, MSI Z790 A-PRO WIFI Motherboard, MSI MPG A1000G 1000W Power Supply, G.SKILL 48Gb Ram @76000 MHz DDR5 Ram, MSI SPATIUM M480 PCIe 4.0 NVMe M.2 2TB Drive, Windows 11 Pro Ghost Spectre x64

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Two screenshots about the takeoff data card work in progress with rain and wind (with and w/o gusts):

Screen Shot 2016-08-08 at 19.34.19.jpg

Screen Shot 2016-08-08 at 19.36.08.jpg

MAC and ACT TOW are shown at 0 because when I did the screenshots I didn't have used the load panel to specify pax, cargo and fuel so some computations weren't done yet.

Cards are dynamically updated.

• 3 weeks later...

Very impressive. Looks like a labor of love!

This might be the aircraft to finally get me into X-Plane.

Look forward to seeing the MD in the PilotShop:D

W33

X-Plane 11, P3D. 32GB RAM, i7 8700k, 1080Ti, Oculus Rift, 1TB SSD

Thank you very much!

Yes, given the number of hours that are dedicated every day to this project we can definitively say that's a labor of love, not less! :)

Not yet defined the stores but very easily PilotShop should be one of the chosen ones.

• 3 weeks later...

Archived