autopilot downloads and installation

ghembree

I have read and reread instructions on installing cougar autopilot with ground speed update. Still waiting for ground speed panels to load and show below also it never takes off and goes like indicated, however I have been able to click on direction, alt. ias, etc and manage to lock on and do auto landing very close but not like the video sample. If anyone has first hand experience with this issue I sure would welcome a solution. ghembree

Is that the one you linked in the "Is This File Safe" thread?

I am going to presume it is. Have you read, stored, printed, something THIS WEB PAGE?

I think that probably the answers you need are either on the Installation page, Or perhaps the AHCP config page. Or maybe one of the others. I seem to recall never having any trouble with it. But read the whole thing carefully.

Dirk's Homepage is HERE. On the left side is a menu. Click on the FlightSim selection, then the FSX Autopilot selection in the list that pops up. Tons of good info there.

You might also read through THIS THREADfor some very handy information.

It IS critical that you check you helicopter's aircraft.cfg file and make sure it has a full [autopilot] section. Check some of your other choppers. IIRC, the default B206 has a decent one to start you off, anyway. A lot of helo's do NOT have a full or even partial [autopilot] section, so make sure your preferred bird does. Heck, I believe I've even used the [autopilot] section out of a good 3rd party fixed wing plane, just to get things started. Then you can fine tune it from there.

Make sure you Realism settings int he Sim are ALL set to MAX (far right) for using the autopilot, and for making the chopper fly properly in general. Same for the Controller Sensitivity settings. All far right, except maybe the rudder slider. That you can back down a little to prevent "noise" in the controller from making unwanted inputs.

And just a heads up, read through THIS ARTICLE over on the HoverControl web site. Some REALLY great information on making hte Sim work properly with helicopters, which it is well known NOT to do.

Hope all that helps you a little bit...

Pat☺

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Had a thought...then there was the smell of something burning, and sparks, and then a big fire, and then the lights went out! I guess I better not do that again!

Sgt, USMC, 10 years proud service, Inactive reserve now :D

Archived