Exit to desktop

darrenvox

Recently fs has exited to desktop for no reason...I have seen fs close to show something on the taskbar is done and flashing...but every few minutes I see fs exiting to desktop for no reason, anyone know what might be causing this???

Just as a precaution, I'm running fsrealtime in the background...maybe that's what causes it... It seems to close out as if some program was done doing something but it's not...very odd

Recently fs has exited to desktop for no reason...I have seen fs close to show something on the taskbar is done and flashing...but every few minutes I see fs exiting to desktop for no reason, anyone know what might be causing this???

Just as a precaution, I'm running fsrealtime in the background...maybe that's what causes it... It seems to close out as if some program was done doing something but it's not...very odd

Hello

Could you not try turning of FSRT and see what occurs?

I remember having this sort of problem years ago.

Very disconcerting when it happens ,but it was always something running in the background that caused it, so easily fixed.

Cheers Andy

A CTD or just minimizing to the taskbar? Lately many popup messages on my system cause games to minimize; it's quite irritating to be immersed in an FPS, or even whiling away time with an arcade game, and suddenly be back at the desktop just so I do not miss "Panda has successfully updated" or some such; and occasionally this miscreant disappears just as the desktop appears, so I've no idea who to blame. Process Lasso should be intercepting these, I'm waiting for their reply now.

Sounds like a background program is grabbing the focus from the game. If you don't have Pause on Task Switch checked, your flight will go along uninterrupted, and you just need to switch back to the sim.

If you DO have that button checked, it will simply pause whatever you're doing until you get back to it and unpause it. If you're running on something like VATSIM or whatever, they can get a bit irritable about pilots doing that, though.

Letting a background program grab the focus, however, isn't the best thing in the world to permit while flying the Sim. Especially on short final :D

The fewer background programs running, with some exceptions, the better for the SIi anyway. Gives more CPU cycles, RAM, and so on, to the OS and SIM.

Pat☺

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Had a thought...then there was the smell of something burning, and sparks, and then a big fire, and then the lights went out! I guess I better not do that again!

Sgt, USMC, 10 years proud service, Inactive reserve now :D

Archived