Kitbash of a SS-4P. :)

arnakkian

Hi guys,

I did a kitbash and repaint of one of my favorite Tim Conrad creations recently just for fun and I wanted to share it with you as my second (pretty much) successful repaint job.

Presenting the Sus Scrofa SS-4P (does the 'P' mean 'cabin pressurized'?) in vivid blue pearl over matterhorn white:

ss4p_1.jpg

I've kept the original marking conventions intact, which I think makes for a better experience.

ss4p_2.jpg

Here she is from port-side rear quarter. I really like finding un/deregistered numbers to give my repaints -- sort of a stamp of ownership, I guess.

ss4p_3.jpg

Hey fellas! What are you doing just sitting in there? Are we going flying or what?

ss4p_4.jpg

I also did some interior work with the accent fabric and rear firewall/access panels / storage cubbies. I think the grey over black accents the exterior paintjob decently.

ss4p_5.jpg

And here's my kitbash. I sacrificed the radar altimeter (which was an expensive part because it gives accurate readings to 20,000' above ground level) for an engine management and fuel flow talkback I sourced off of another board (author of that gauge is Hans Zuidervaart). In addition to modifying the virtual cockpit in this manner, I also made some changes to the aircraft.cfg as well.

I wanted to swap the gauges because I really wanted to know the solid numbers of what this aircraft was doing in each phase of flight. I wanted to know how far it would travel at a given altitude and direction and how much fuel it would burn. I wanted that information at the ready, and I got it. :) The gauge even fit perfectly given the original coordinates of the other gauge so I really didn't have to put much thought or work into it.

Bottom line: She looks good, she cruises well, she's docile and predictable during takeoff and landing phases, she'll make a 2,500 fpm climb at sea level and she'll burn 26 gallons per hour at high altitude.

I feel pretty stoked with this! :D

Uich gwennen na'wanath ah na dhin,

an uich gwennen na ringyrn ambar hen.

Archived