Paris At Dusk In The Aero Commander 520

csmj

Hello All,

FS2004, Aircraft by Milton Shupe and team (ac520v31.zip).

As dusk approaches the airport lights are turned on, the sky takes on a warm glow, and we take a short and low flight over Paris to see the Eiffel Tower. Beginning at Charles De Gaulle airport in the Aero Commander 520 with the Pegasus livery, we complete the trip at Orly field just before the sun sets.

1. Leaving Charles De Gaulle airport

AC520-Paris-1.jpg

2. Looking back at Charles De Gaulle airport

AC520-Paris-2.jpg

3. Cockpit view, approaching Eiffel Tower

AC520-Paris-4.jpg

4. Passing the Eiffel Tower

AC520-Paris-11.jpg

5. It's getting late, time to head for Orly

AC520-Paris-16.jpg

6. Lined up for runway 20, Orly field. Gear down, full flaps, airspeed 103 kts. VASI says we're low

so I increased the throttle to lessen the descent rate, now at 450 ft/min.

AC520-Paris-17.jpg

7. Over runway 20

AC520-Paris-24.jpg

8. Cockpit view at touchdown. Slight flare, airspeed 93 kts

AC520-Paris-27.jpg

9. I love the shadow in this shot

AC520-Paris-32.jpg

10. Heading for the terminal with view of Orly control tower

AC520-Paris-33.jpg

11. Parking, just before sunset

AC520-Paris-36.jpg

12. Parked with open doors

AC520-Paris-38.jpg

Thanks for looking,

Clayton

My FS web site: http://www.cjcom.net/FS-a.htm with screen shots and short articles. Updated regularly.

Lifejogger, Klee, Peer01 and Larry,

Thanks very much for your good comments.

I have three of the Commanders now (520, 680 and 500S) and all three are excellent and very enjoyable flyers with distinctive power-related differences. I have become so taken with them that I did some on-line research on them. They have a very interesting history (the 680 served as Air Force One for President Eisenhower) and I have just finished adding a new page for them on my web site (link below). It's in the Screen Shots section and is called "Aero Commander Piston Twins". It contains a brief historical synopsis with some links to other web sites, a description of the three FS9 models I'm flying (and where to get them), and a few screen shots of each one.

I will be adding this Paris At Dusk flight to the web site this week.

Thanks again,

Clayton

My FS web site: http://www.cjcom.net/FS-a.htm with screen shots and short articles. Updated regularly.

Thanks Adam and Aviator66 for your comments.

Klee, the more I learn the greater the respect I have for the creators of these excellent planes. I know I'm coming late to the party as these planes have been available for years, but they're new to me and I'm enjoying every minute! In all my past years since FS version 4 in the DOS days, I pretty much stuck with the default planes and was a very casual, on & off simmer. Only since retiring have I begun trying new things and spending more time with it.

Clayton

Be careful, Clayton, it's easy to get hooked! I've been serious about these sims since my first computer back in the mid 80's, but like you, I never downloaded much until FS2K. By the time FS2K2 came along, I had various scenery adds and numerable planes. I didn't know what I was downloading and some of the stuff was just plain junk, but amongst the junk were gems. Gems from developers like Shupe. Over time, I learned who they were and by the time I was two years into FS9, I had close to 200 planes. FS9 was taking far too long to load! As it stands now, most of my hanger is filled with freeware developer planes, over 250 of them. I keep a "hanger" and a separate "aircraft" folder with active planes in it. We load much faster now.

Most of the freeware planes I've downloaded have, at a minimum, had a new 2D panel created for them, several have been painted, and a number have had to have their air and cfg files modified. You see, I believe Microsoft named it Flight Simulator for a reason. If they had wanted to make a game, they would have called it a game. Therefore, I want the models I fly to respond as the real ones do, and I strive to make sure they do.

To you, sir, I say welcome to the fold. Enjoy this wonderful pastime! If you are like me, an old time flying man whose wings have been clipped because of health issues, MSFS can fill a very real void.

Archived