FS2004 - California Central Cost - Cannot Land and Then Get Take-Off Clearance

flyer8

I've been having issues with parking after landing at all of the CCCx scenery for FS9 and Ultimate Terrain. After landing and requesting to park, my aircraft does not trigger an end to the parking sequence at the assigned parking spot.

Turning on progressive taxi doesn't help as the arrows lead me to the assigned parking spot and upon reaching it, the arrow path then forms a triangle back to the place where I left the runway and entered the apron. The stock airport elevation is 10 feet, the AF2 is 10 feet but the parking spot is at 13.1 feet.

I used Afcad to set the elevation of the airport to 13.1 and match the parking spot elevation but it didn't help. There's one more little wrinkle, I'm also using FSGlobal 2010. So some expert advice would be helpful. Is this an elevation data issue and do I need to create a flatten for the entire airport?

Also, I'd love to use ADE instead of Afcad as it appears to be a great design tool. Can I create an entire airport flatten with it easily?

One more note, I have tried to assign different priorities to Ultimate Terrain, FSGlobal 2010, and the Afcads which come with CCCx scenery for FS2004 and it doesn't appear to make a difference. Test flights are expensive as they take a bit of time and some of the fun out of flying. So I'm hoping that one of you experts can shortcut me to a solution.

Please advise and thanks so much!

Edit: These are the files I'm Using...

CCCOASTX.ZIP, CCCXREV1.ZIP, CCCXREV2.ZIP, CCCXREV3.ZIP, CCCXREV4.ZIP and CCCXFIX.ZIP

https://www.flightsim.com/vbfs/fslib.php?do=copyright&fid=100046

ProgressiveTriangle.jpg

Which airport?

The screenshot is from KSBA but it's the same situation for all of the airports in the package, at least the ones I've tested so far.

I've been working with ADE 1.65 and really like that program, that is, if I can get through the learning curve. Still cannot get an airport to compile but have figured out how to double click to close a flatten. If it supports FS9, and if I can get ADE to work, it would be my distinct pleasure to donate towards a professional key. Support the developers I say...and Jon sure has a nice project going. Love to take advantage of his generosity.

An aside here would be why I cannot compile...been getting the following error messages...

(and I do have msxml4 installed and register on my Win7x64 box)

From ADE 1.65...

INTERNAL COMPILER ERROR C1003: Failed to create MSXML object! (0x80040154)

Parsing document: E:\Airport Design Editor\!AdeTempWorkOnly\KSBA_ADE9_mpr.xml

ERROR C2470: Unrecoverable error parsing XML!

ERROR C2006: Parse failed (0x80004005)

ERROR C2003: Failed to process file: E:\Airport Design Editor\!AdeTempWorkOnly\KSBA_ADE9_mpr.xml

Anyway, the CCCoastx Airports are listed below but I suppose a proof of elevation and flattening would be KSBA (Santa Barbara). Love the work that Al Wheeler did...it's got a quality to it.

CCCoastx Airport List...

AF2_CC1.bgl

AF2_CC2.bgl

AF2_CC2T.bgl

AF2_CC2W.bgl

AF2_CC3.bgl

AF2_CC3W.bgl

AF2_CC4.BGL

AF2_KIZA.bgl

AF2_KLPC.bgl

AF2_KPRB.bgl

AF2_KSBA.bgl

AF2_KSBP.BGL

AF2_KSMX.bgl

AF2_KVBG.bgl

AF2_L52.BGL

• 2 months later...

I googled a bit, and saw AF2 files could be made in several ways.

It seems ADE can not always open them.

In this thread someone had success by first opening in AFCAD 2 andthen saving and then opening in ADE.

(old version of ADE in this discussion, don't know how relevant it is for 1.65)

http://www.fsdeveloper.com/forum/threads/af2-afcad-and-ade-questions-and-help.17667/

Also found this thread.

https://www.flightsim.com/vbfs/showthread.php?264110-Airport-scenery-has-several-bgl-files

(search term google was: AF2 files ADEX)

hope it helps, only worked with ADE myself, and never worked with AF2 files.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Archived