first flight with 777

alexzar14

I took a 777 for EGKK-KJFK flight, the cold and dark situation had generator drives disconnected and I didn't pay attention to it because you never have to touch these in FSX, so it discharged the battery despite the active APU. I can't reset it, I had to reload the flight with engines running and start all over. How do I reset the thing?

!xp771.jpg

!xp772.jpg

!xp773.jpg

There are three main "reset" options, depending on what exactly you want to do.

I am not certain of X-plane's key commands, so I'll give the FSX methods.

If you just want to "reload" the plane, in the same place, same altitude, same engine settings, etc, you have to assign a key. This will, essentially just have the sim re-read the plane's files. Aircraft.cfg, .air, panel.cfg. Great for testing changes to any of those files.

If you want to reset the plane to it's "start-up" configuration, IE: as if you had just Selected Aircraft while in the sim world, the go to Select Aircraft, and choose the same plane.

If you want to reset EVERYTHING back to where you started, Original plane, starting point, weather, etc, as though you had just pushed FLY NOW, hit CTRL+ ; (semicolon).

I am not sure how all that translates over to X-Plane, but there seems to be a lot of similarities with the MS FS's.

Does this help any?

Pat☺

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Had a thought...then there was the smell of something burning, and sparks, and then a big fire, and then the lights went out! I guess I better not do that again!

Sgt, USMC, 10 years proud service, Inactive reserve now :D

Pat I was questioning the reset of generator drives. I'll try a cold and dark once more, perhaps it will go away. The flight was great but the fps in payware JFK were horrible. I will be using KEWR instead.

Second flight - 757 KEWR-KMIA, this times things work smooth, I am getting a hand of it. Absolutely awesome planes in here, FSX is shelved! (for the time being). No more blurries, no more flat shore lines (making me wonder why the land isn't flooded), great sim. Annoyances 2 so far:

1. performance, didn't expect XP to be so hard on the (modern) hardware.

2. speed issue here, it accelerates and slows down too rapidly, I miss the smooth speed behavior of FSX planes. XPlane may be more realistic, but the planes in FSX (pmdg etc) are better programmed to fly, a paradox. Still XP for now the sim, graphics and aircraft are just wow! So far this is giving me more fun that FSX.

!xp776.jpg

!xp777.jpg

!xp758.jpg

Note the sun effect in the cockpit, it is too bright and I want to tone it down or uncheck it, but can't find the option for it. My shadow details is set to "overlay", I don't like shadows because its too hard in the cockpit, the eyes get tired. I need to know how to deal with the "white" cockpit though.

Archived