Florida Tour With Saab 340B, Leg 3 - Miami to Tampa - Part 1

csmj

This next leg of the tour, from Miami to Tampa using the Loganair livery, has a number of scenery changes: the airports and the ground textures. The Miami International airport is by William Morgan (kmiav4.zip), Tampa International is by Brandon DePalo (tpa_full_v1.zip), and the ground textures are Ground Environment v1.08. In this first part there are a lot of ground shots to show the nice airport scenery, a huge improvement over the default scenery.

1. Leaving the gate

Mia-Tpa-01.jpg

2. Passing by some Big Iron

Mia-Tpa-02.jpg

3. Turning onto taxiway to runway 30

Mia-Tpa-03.jpg

4. Something big coming in on runway 30

Mia-Tpa-04.jpg

5. We cross 27L to get to 30

Mia-Tpa-05.jpg

6. Lining up on runway 30

Mia-Tpa-06.jpg

7. Nose wheel up

Mia-Tpa-07.jpg

8. Nice view of the control towers

Mia-Tpa-08.jpg

9. Putting the gear away. All three begin at the same time but the nose wheel is quick

Mia-Tpa-09.jpg

10. Leaving Miami behind

Mia-Tpa-10.jpg

- Continued in Part 2

My FS web site: http://www.cjcom.net/FS-a.htm with screen shots and short articles. Updated regularly.

In Part 2 we are enroute to the west coast of Florida

11. Topped out at 12,000 ft with some turbulence, heading 300 degrees for west coast of Florida

Mia-Tpa-11.jpg

12. Approaching the west coast, time to begin our descent

Mia-Tpa-12.jpg

13. Descending through 8,000 ft.

Mia-Tpa-13.jpg

14. Turning right to 330 degrees

Mia-Tpa-14.jpg

15. Turning right to 360 degrees

Mia-Tpa-15.jpg

16. Over Venice, Florida Municipal Airport

Mia-Tpa-16.jpg

Continued in Part 3

My FS web site: http://www.cjcom.net/FS-a.htm with screen shots and short articles. Updated regularly.

In Part 3 we land at Tampa International

17. Runway in sight, gear down

Mia-Tpa-17.jpg

18. Downtown Tampa in background

Mia-Tpa-18.jpg

19. On final approach

Mia-Tpa-19.jpg

20. Rear view as we approach runway 36L

Mia-Tpa-20.jpg

21. Touchdown

Mia-Tpa-21.jpg

22. Nose wheel down

Mia-Tpa-22.jpg

23. Taxiing past a terminal

Mia-Tpa-23.jpg

24. Stopping at gate 29

Mia-Tpa-24.jpg

25. Engines off

Mia-Tpa-25.jpg

End of flight. Thanks for looking.

Clayton

Nice shots!!
AMD FX-8350 8 CORES 4.0/ovrclckd 5.0GHz, GIGABYTE GA 990FXA-UD7, RAM 32GB/2000MHz, GeFORCE GTX TITAN, 2xSSD 256GB, 2*HDD 2TB, 3x42" LCD, SAITEK PRO FLIGHT, MCP+EFIS PANEL, ANDROID TABLET FOR FMC AND EFB, WIN8-64BIT, FS9

Super shots, Clayton, I wish you had posted this before I went through the agony of updating my FS9, seeing your scenery would have made the process much easier. As it is, great minds think alike, I went with FS Genesis, Ultimate Terrain, and Ground Environment, what a difference! Very nice post, my friend, in my youth, I flew in and out of both those locations many times, nice to see them again.

I like the accompanying narrative too.I like to have the pictures tell a story if possible. It gives the post some context and meaning.

This is CORRECT and PROPER and BEST way to present screenshot flight report!!

Regards,

Aharon

CQwL8Nm.png

Super shots, Clayton, I wish you had posted this before I went through the agony of updating my FS9, seeing your scenery would have made the process much easier. As it is, great minds think alike, I went with FS Genesis, Ultimate Terrain, and Ground Environment, what a difference! Very nice post, my friend, in my youth, I flew in and out of both those locations many times, nice to see them again.

Thanks Klee. I know you went through some tribulations changing the configuration. In fact it was your post and the following discussions that led me to try GE and UT myself at that time. BEV had the most (and best looking) trees but GE ground textures and autogen buildings were better looking and that outweighed the trees so for now I'm sticking with GE. One of the decision points was that they both have utility apps that allow a roll-back to default, so it's easy to switch back if I ever want to.

As for UT, I ended up returning it for a refund. While I really liked the more accurate roads, bridges and shorelines, it devastated the trees. I spent hours trying every sort of settings combinations but it made Florida look like a nuclear wasteland - very few trees. And since you know Florida you know it's VERY green. Here are some screen shots over PBIA...

This is FS9 default scenery (the airport buildings are an add-on)

WPB-FSdef.jpg

This is with BEV - many more trees, much more like the real thing, but the ground textures aren't as nice

WPB-BEV.jpg

This is with UT - looks like there's been a war

WPB-UT1.jpg

Here is with GE - more bldgs and better ground textures, which are closer to reality, but fewer trees (sigh)

WPB-GE1.jpg

The best combination for trees with UT was BEV, but I still don't like the ground textures

WPB-BEV-UT1.jpg

At that point I was fed up with UT, got a refund, and used the money to help pay for a mesh bundle. GE does such a nice job with the ground textures I'm willing to put up with fewer trees for now. I think there's a separate tree environment utility somewhere and am planning to hunt it down and try it. Maybe that will make up the difference.

Anyway, I'm glad you arrived at a point where yor setup is satisfactory. I agree that mesh is the most important part.

Clayton

Archived