Beginnner question, zooming inside VC.

alexzar14

Already attempted once but abandoned it shortly due to interface that needs time to study and getting used to.

Here trying a second attempt, I will try to research the basic stuff myself but I need help with something I haven't experienced during my first attempt - I have a problem with view inside VC. I bought FF 757 and 7478i, the instrument panels are too close (up zoomed), and as I start to zoom out, I go behind the pilot seats that blocks the whole thing. So it's either too close and you can hardly see outside, or you see a back of a pilot's seat which shouldn't be there (too short separation between the panel and the seat). Could be a resolution problem? Or (I hope) the seats could be made to slide back or be removed, could they?

Let's figure this out and start, I no longer can ignore this sim -)))

Hi,

Try to click on the setting/rendering options window.

Go down to the field of view setting (lateral field of view).

Check it's value, it should be 65 and up, when you use such of and aircraft.

It will "zoom you out" (not really but optically).

When on VC, use your mouse-wheel to zoom in and out.

Tell me how it went...

:)

JetManHuss,

It sounds like you are moving your POV, not zooming it.

Just HOW are you making these adjustments? The + and - keys will change the ZOOM values, not move the POV.

Think of it as looking through a camera's eyepiece. You can change the zoom, which doesn't change where you are at all, just makes the stuff in the eyepiiece bigger and smaller, basically. OR you can take a step closer or farther away from what you are looking at through the camera, which it sounds like what you are doing. Step back far enough, and you are inside/behind the seat back.

Does this help any?

Pat☺

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Had a thought...then there was the smell of something burning, and sparks, and then a big fire, and then the lights went out! I guess I better not do that again!

Sgt, USMC, 10 years proud service, Inactive reserve now :D

Archived