Proposed new flightsim (Nexgen) loses Unigine engine access

Guest Shorthaul

Guest Shorthaul
Vaporware has its own forum? Seriously?

Kudos to Nels for hosting them on the flightsim.com. forum. But I must say that I too was a tad surprised at this since they have no actual flightsim in development yet; and the loss of Ungine's engine and support must surely be a massive setback for them.

So yes its vaporware for the time being at least.

On the NGIS forum, members have been told not to speculate as to why the split with Unigine, but I cant help but wonder why you'd drop your intended engine, or vice versa.

????

Stephen's first message:

https://www.flightsim.com/vbfs/showthread.php?296241-Stephen-s-first-message

is more (verbal) diarrhea-ware about vaporware. He does say a lot about ..... mmm, not sure really.

But interesting, non the less. Exciting times for us, when this sim & Dovetail's will hit the virtual shelves, or will they?

Robin

Cape Town, South Africa

Step right up, ladies and gentlemen ...... step right up! For only a quarter, come in and see the amazing new flight simulator! It flips, it dips, it has even been known to cure every known form of lumbago! But wait ..... it does something no other flight simulator can do .... it DISAPPEARS as easily as it appears! Simply amazing!

Let it be known that your quarter goes to it's refinement, as no other forms of funding are available for such a task .... Now move aside! ..... let some other sucker ... err patron .... step right up!

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Guest Shorthaul
Even vaporware would know to use the Unreal 4 engine.

I'm still puzzled why NGIS lost access to the Unigine engine. I remember when the nex-gen project started up, NGIS had a forum discussion with some of the Outerra guys regarding access to the engine, but NGIS blew it with an argument, er sorry, with a difference of opinion, and so Unigine was their next step for a while. Who knows, perhaps they'll make up with Outerra, or Unreal, or even Rockstar!! ;) ;)

Now about this new sim you're making, Alaskan ;-)

Any aircraft available yet? I would love to fly in the Vapor. Cloud scenery?

Just thing how great it will be to fly in the clouds. No eye candy, apart from vapor to slow my PC, No rivers, runways etc. Just amazingly detailed 3d grey vapor, as far as the eye can see.

Robin

Cape Town, South Africa

Guest Shorthaul
Any aircraft available yet? I would love to fly in the Vapor. Cloud scenery? .... No eye candy, apart from vapor to slow my PC, No rivers, runways etc. Just amazingly detailed 3d grey vapor, as far as the eye can see.

That's not a bad idea. Perhaps some third party developer could then create a fog addon for the vapor_sim to allow landings in varying densities of fog with some faint runway lights showing through. :p

On a more serious note- -here is a link to an interesting and rather revealing post on the NGIS/Unigine/*.* debate....

Its a pity NGIS locked the thread down pretty pronto. Edit: No wait! Its now been unlocked again by the boss who for some reason (ahem) had second thoughts.

The circus continues...

http://nexgenflightsim.com/discussions/#/discussion/323/lessons-learnt-lately

I appreciate your comments and I understand your concerns... however, the information you're basing your remarks on are purely speculative.

FACTS are what are important here and nearly everything that is happening behind the scenes are, unfortunately discussions that are covered by a Non Disclosure Agreement, which of course restricts what can and cannot be publicly reveled. The FACT is, any comment based upon speculation... is not fact.

It's the nature of doing business, but rest assured that NGiS has the flight simulator communities interests in mind and everything that we do behind the scenes is to ensure that NGiS is here for the long run, not just a flash in the pan... releasing a sub-par flight simulator, making a few bucks and then disappearing.

Our goal is to provide the community with a flight simulator that is worthy of replacing what is currently available with features and content that is important to the community for years to come. In order to do that... considerations must be made that will ensure the longevity of NGiS and will provide a extremely stable platform from which to build.

How NGiS goes about creating that stability... is truly the insight and property of NGiS and substantial information that will help to stable the concerns and the doubts of the public will be revealed in the appropriate manner and time.

Creating a company that is not likely to change or fail; firmly established, secure, strong, unwavering in it's commitments, etc. takes time. More time than most realize... but to do so establishes the underpinning for endurance.

NGiS would must rather undergo the frustrations, the negativism and pessimistic views of the few in order to be well built, capable of delivering not only the initial release of the Next Generation Flight Simulator, but also future iterations for those who have a little faith and patience to silently sit back and wait.

Winning the hearts, minds, and spirit of everyone is, nor will ever be, a possibility... but for those that are willing to hang in there, I can assure you... the growing pains will be worth it.

- Stephen Borick

I appreciate your comments and I understand your concerns... however, the information you're basing your remarks on are purely speculative.

FACTS are what are important here and nearly everything that is happening behind the scenes are, unfortunately discussions that are covered by a Non Disclosure Agreement, which of course restricts what can and cannot be publicly reveled. The FACT is, any comment based upon speculation... is not fact.

It's the nature of doing business, but rest assured that NGiS has the flight simulator communities interests in mind and everything that we do behind the scenes is to ensure that NGiS is here for the long run, not just a flash in the pan... releasing a sub-par flight simulator, making a few bucks and then disappearing.

Our goal is to provide the community with a flight simulator that is worthy of replacing what is currently available with features and content that is important to the community for years to come. In order to do that... considerations must be made that will ensure the longevity of NGiS and will provide a extremely stable platform from which to build.

How NGiS goes about creating that stability... is truly the insight and property of NGiS and substantial information that will help to stable the concerns and the doubts of the public will be revealed in the appropriate manner and time.

Creating a company that is not likely to change or fail; firmly established, secure, strong, unwavering in it's commitments, etc. takes time. More time than most realize... but to do so establishes the underpinning for endurance.

NGiS would must rather undergo the frustrations, the negativism and pessimistic views of the few in order to be well built, capable of delivering not only the initial release of the Next Generation Flight Simulator, but also future iterations for those who have a little faith and patience to silently sit back and wait.

Winning the hearts, minds, and spirit of everyone is, nor will ever be, a possibility... but for those that are willing to hang in there, I can assure you... the growing pains will be worth it.

- Stephen Borick

I may have missed it, but exactly which past product has the NGIS team members been responsible for in the past? Or is that a secret too?

I knew it was too good to be true.

Yes. I was hoping this nextgen sim would take off, but Luke raises some quite logical questions here

https://www.flightsim.com/vbfs/showthread.php?296396-What-NGiS-really-is

which make me wonder if nextgen really know what they're doing technically. I noticed nextgen didn't answer Luke's technical questions, so that's another worry. It seems like a gloss-over response

https://www.flightsim.com/vbfs/showthread.php?296396-What-NGiS-really-is

Archived