Saitek X52 Pro - FS2004 Profile (.pr0 Style)

flyer8

Does anyone have a X52 Pro - Profile for FS9 that they wouldn't mind sharing. I've been hunting hi and low for one, found one on avsim.Russia, but it wouldn't load. Could be those funky characters that they use over in those parts! I seem to remember running into this a while back, when Saitek released the X52 Pro. There never seemed to be a .pr0 profile for FS9 released by them.

I do have the old .dat format but it's a no go with the 6.2.2.4 Profile Editor from 2007!!! 2007, oh my goodness gracious...I think it's Bowie, Frey, and my FS2004. I love FS2004...

Trivia, did you know that Tom Waits and Glen Frey co-wrote Ol' 55? So if you've got a profile and you wouldn't mind sharing it, please let me know and thanks!

Hello,

I know it's no help .. but what about make yourself a profile ?

The profile editor is easy to use .. it's straight forward ....

If you write down the FS2004 commands you need .. you can make your own profile in 5 - 10 minutes

Regards.http://smilies.sofrayt.com/%5E/a/bye.gif

If you gave a couple of monkeys a box of ballpoints, enough paper, and enough time, they'd eventually finish up writing the complete works of Shakespeare :)

Hello,

I know it's no help .. but what about make yourself a profile ?

The profile editor is easy to use .. it's straight forward ....

If you write down the FS2004 commands you need .. you can make your own profile in 5 - 10 minutes

Any positive response is great so thanks for that! I've been having issues with the Saitek-Madcatz drivers in Win7x64 for awhile now. As far as I know, when Saitek released the X52 Pro, they did not include a .pr0 file for FS9, at least on the cdrom distribution. However, they did happen to include one for FSX and I was always curious why that happened as so many people were still using FS9.

Also and from day one, the Saitek Suite has caused problems with my simulation from time to time, erratic mouse movements, sometimes the sim would abend, and sometimes it worked just fine, beautiful in fact. I wanted to have a look at a profile which someone else has created, and that is know to be in good working order. The only .pr0 profile I've ever seen are the ones which I have created.

I'd like to examine the XMLs and compare...

Hello,

Also and from day one, the Saitek Suite has caused problems with my simulation from time to time, erratic mouse movements, sometimes the sim would abend, and sometimes it worked just fine, beautiful in fact

Unplug the combo (from the USB socket on PC) and reconnect

Go in control panel game controler and go to properties and test .. problem must be solved

Happen also sometime to me under XPSP3 !!!

If you gave a couple of monkeys a box of ballpoints, enough paper, and enough time, they'd eventually finish up writing the complete works of Shakespeare :)

Hello,

Unplug the combo (from the USB socket on PC) and reconnect

Go in control panel game controler and go to properties and test .. problem must be solved

Happen also sometime to me under XPSP3 !!!

Yup, been around that corner quite a few times. The thing of it is, I've asked for someone to post a copy of their Saitek profile and would still like to see one. I've actually never seen one that works for FS2004...for the number of years that the X52 Pro been available, is the number of years I've been waiting.

An interesting aside is that the joystick was manufactured a few miles away from my place in Santa Monica. I believe that Saitek was at least distributing the X52 Pro out of their plant in Torrance, California. I almost drove over there to ask them what's up, give them a smile, and beg for a profile! Just couldn't bring myself to do it :)

In case anyone is interested, you can simply run the X52 Pro without the Saitek/Madcatz drivers. If you've already installed the Saitek drivers, remove their footprint completely. Then reboot and plug the HOTAS into any USB port as the default Microsoft driver will configure them for you. Works perfectly in FS2004. However, you will still be in the same boat, that is, without the ability to program one of the most expensive joysticks on the market. At least that is the case for some of us.

I suppose that it's kind of like having Christmas throught the year as the MFDs might stay on all the time. And just like the tree, you could be one who unplugs it when you go to bed...saves energy and makes it so the little lights last longer.

Archived