Up the creek with a popsickle stick for a paddle...

KCD

Anybody who has read the thread " Mesh, Landclass, etc., etc., etc!!!" further down the page will know that I'm trying to get more out of my fFS9 and have upgraded from the default package with a few add-ons to FS Genesis and Ultimate Terrain. The next step will be something on top of those, but first, I've got problems to rectify. Here is where I need help...

1) FREE Flow New England and FREE Flow Florida are causing conflicts and causing double coastlines and ghost roadways, even ghost land masses. The have no uninstall element and they do alter the scenery files in FS9, does any one know how to rid FS9 of any and all remnants of FFNE and FFFL?

Stringbean has suggested that these two programs, because they alter the scenery files in FS9, are the problems. Somehow, I've got to figure out how to rid my FS9 install of these and return it to a basic default situation. That would be reasonably easy under normal circumstances, all I'd need to do would be reinstall the scenery files, but I can't do that. We moved from Virginia to Pennsylvania about a year ago, and I've not yet found my FS9, or FS2002, disks. I can't reinstall anything, and I have to be very careful that I don't create a situation where a reinstall would be required.

So, anybody with ideas on how I should proceed, please step forward.

Thanks...

FFNE looks pretty easy to get rid of.

First thing to do would be to turn off all UT features, restore everything to default in the UT setup tool.

1) disable FFNE in the Scenery Library.

2) You should have a folder named "Default Scenery for FFNE"

If you backed up the default scenery as instructed when you installed FFNE there should be eight files in that folder.

You can either run the "Restore default scenery files.bat" file or copy those files to ...\Scenery\NAME\scenery.

That should take care of the terrain issues.

There is also five afcad that came with FFNE, they all have FFNE in their filename. You can either keep or delete them as you wish.

peace,

the Bean

There was an option to disable streams for the FFNE coverage area. If you disabled them when you installed FFNE there will be 12 files, not eight.

WWOD---What Would Opa Do? Farewell, my freind (sp)

Never argue with idiots.

They drag you down to their level and beat you with experience

As for FFFL, I suggest you download a fresh copy and run the installer, pointing it to a temporary folder.

Then you can go through the manual install instructions and backstep through them to do an uninstall.

While you are there, you can download a version of FFFL that works with UT, if you wish.

http://www.fs-freeflow.com/index.php?ind=downloads&op=section_view&idev=4

peace,

the Bean

Never argue with idiots.

Bean, thanks for your posts. I was able to resolve the FFNE problem by using the BAT files that it created when I installed it. All clear there now. As for FFFL, that's another story. I tried to do the same thing as the install on that program created the same bat files as FFNE. Problem is, when I ran the batch files, there were errors, so something is amiss there. Short of a new default scenery install (not possible in my case) I doubt I'll ever clean this mess. Simple solution... avoid Florida!

Problem is, when I ran the batch files, there were errors, so something is amiss there.

Since batch files consist of relatively simple DOS commands it should be possible to take a peek at it and find out what is causing the errors. Well that's the theory!

Dijvid

Or right click on the .bat file and select Edit. It's quicker!!!! And you don't have to rename the file back to .bat either!!

Dijvid

It took longer for you to type that post than it takes to rename a file twice.

Once if you know, as in this case, that the .bat file is not going to work no matter what.

Never argue with idiots.

It took longer for you to type that post than it takes to rename a file twice.

Once if you know, as in this case, that the .bat file is not going to work no matter what.

Not sure I understand the point of your post but as long as you do then I guess that's OK!

Dijvid

Could be a pretty painstaking way to do it, but -

If you install the offending add-on software to a new folder outside of your root FS directory, you can view all the installed files. Now, if you have the means to install a fresh default MSFS, either renamed on your existing computer, or on another computer, now you have the ability to compare the two and swap files as need (from the new scratch install) to your working copy of MSFS.

I know...shoot me. :p

Neil :cool:

Thanks to Stringbean and some tedious work, I think the ghosting problems, even in Florida, are gone. The combination of FS Genesis and Ultimate Terrain looks great, but it can be better...

I'm asking for comments on GEPro and GE (what is it that the Pro version does for me that the regular version doesn't?). How about Sasha's EVE , would that be a good option? How do you find him? Any other similar products that I should consider?

Thanks...

PS...

Added GE-6 this AM, very pleased with result, thanks to everyone who lent a helping hand!

Archived