Thinking of getting PMDG 777

FSXmarc

Hey guys

I was wondering that I operate a fleet of 2 757-200s and a -300 aswell and was interested in adding the 777 to my fleet as I sometimes would like to do long range.

I mostly fly using the 2D panel view however I can also use 3D but it has been awhile. Anyways for those of you should I get the PMDG 777? how is the framerate is it better than Captain Sims 757? also are there pop up panels for the autopilot and overhead?

My Specs: (i'm using a laptop since its way easier for me to commute from my home to college and back rather than a PC)

Lenovo Y700 ideapad gaming laptop

Intel Core i7-6700HQ 2.6 GHz Processor

16 GB of RAM

4gb of Video RAM

NVIDA GTX 960M

Windows 10 64-bit

FSX set to full anistropic and anti-aliasing settings, water effects low, and autogen set to lowest. Other than that all settings are on max.

Again the planes about $89.99 and its not a decision I would take lightly. Also I tend to fly with LatinVFR KRSW and FlyTampa's Vienna.

Those of you 777 owners I need feedback

I don't have the CS 757 so can't give you a comparison with PMDG T7. But yes, considering your PC specs, it should work fine!

Yes again, it has got pop up panels, which can accessed by the "Shift + x" combination.

http://www.crossed-flag-pins.com/animated-flag-gif/gifs/India_120-animated-flag-gifs.gifhttp://status.ivao.aero/414320.png

I don't see a problem with this rig. My ASUS ROG GL551 does just fine (30-40 fps with UT2 and LOWW, 50fps in the air) with the 777.

http://i.imgur.com/iMDlMAv.jpg

TseTse i5-9600K @ 3.7~4.5GHz | RTX2060 Super 8GB | 32GB DDR4-3200 | 1TB Samsung 840EVO | Z390 Chipset | Windows 10 x64

lastly pmdg made update that run 30 percent faster the 777.also 737.

works much better.

I think that's only the 777. I heard some jabber about it on the PMDG forum,

but being I don't fly that plane, I didn't really pay much attention.. But they did do

some tweaks on it I that reduced VAS usage I think.

The 737's last update was last spring "3/31" when the ASN radar, etc updates came out.

It's still the same, and hasn't had any recent tweaks. Or if they have, I haven't seen

or used them yet..

Guys I got both the 777-200 and 777-300 and I have to say I both LOVE them. FSX really needed a good 777.

Anyways it is a little laggy often when I push a button or interact with the cockpit it goes down to 17-19 fps whereas when I cruise it stays a good 33-36 fps.

Also im planning on overcloking my i7 for my Y700 to 3.0 ghz I'm not sure if its safe and if anyone has some suggestions on how to do it I would be happy to listen

Coming from someone who flies airliners in RW, I endorse PMDG. I have CS products from 707-777 and PMDG gets a better rating from me than CS. Mainly because it runs much smoother and they implement user options into the FMC for realistic operations. Plus the manuals are extensive and through. You won't be disappointed if you're looking to realistically fly this aircraft. If you're looking for a simplistic aircraft, I wouldn't recommend as much.

Archived