Hi I'm new! would someone be ever so kind to do a Config

DemonstrationX

To do a config for me? There's so many controls I have no idea what is what, and I'd like to simplify the flying controls.

As of recently I bought it. So, I'm a newb.

So what I'm looking for is- ( I know that there might be more than what I'm asking for, for example flaps might have a button to increase/decrease, if you could, accommodate please!)

I use the mouse for steering with the yoke thing.

W - Engine power increase

S - Engine power decrease

A - tail turns me to the left

D - tail turns me to the right

e - engine on/off

v - reverse thrust

b - breaks

f - flaps (cycle through/off)

r - spoilers on/off

L - lights (cycle through)

q - VOIP

-- If there's anything else you think, would be need, please go ahead and add it. Other than that, That is all I need to fly a plane.

I'd also like to know, if, having the flight instruments outside of the plane (While looking outside plane, from tail) is available?

Other than that, I played a flight-simulator like game on, roblox (No I'm not a kid, just a fyi, I'm 19 (Yes I occasionally play roblox)) which is what encouraged me to purchase flight simulator. However, the scroll wheel on my mouse is, 'difficult' to say at-least.

The Sims (FS9 and FSX) already have keys assigned for all those controls you mention. Why not get used to using them so when you get a joystick you will already know how to use the 'default' CONTROL KEYS so you won't have to 're-learn' them.

To find 'what does what' download (from library here) 'fsxcmnds.zip', 1.98 Mb, which has ALL the key assignments. You can print it out and keep it handy. You will use it often. I do. It prints out to one page (landscape, or, sideways). FS9 and FSX are almost identical. There is also an FS9 Commands list (type in 'FS9 Commands' in search). The important keys for both sims are almost the same. FSX adds some keys for changing VIEWS mostly. OK? OK!

You can use this list(s) to map commands to joy buttons or to a USB 10-key you use with your joystick. A 10-key pad (Targus) you can put to left of keyboard and using Cmds list map commands (Options/Settings/Controls) and you no longer have to 'reach' or 'look for' keys. They are right there under your left hand's findertips. Too easy.

The one thing we all use when in Locked Spot view (tail view) is the GPS. It's like a map, top down view, that show airports and if you click 'Terrain' key will show elevation (ie: hills). You can zoom in/out. You can resize it. The key combo to use is usually 'Shift (hold) + 3' but some panels might be 'Shift+4', etc.

I myself like a top down view window. Press '[' key. A window opens. Re-size it. Then right click and mouse to 'Outside' then scroll to 'Top Down'. Zoom in/out with keyboard '+' and '-' keys. You can put the GPS on the top right corner and the top down window on the top left corner. You will never get lost that way (hehe). If you do get 'turned around' you push 'Alt' key and go to 'World' then 'Map' and you can see a red line tracing the path of your flight. Too easy.

So 'start over' with the key assignments after you get the Commands List to use as a guide. Keeping things simple (ie: use of default settings as much as possible) makes for a much nicer experience with the Sims and the beauty of it is that they will carry over from one MS sim to any other MS sim. So don't re-invent the wheels. Go with the flow and be happy.

Chuck B

i7 2600K @ 3.4 Ghz (Turbo-Boost to 3.877 Ghz), Asus P8H67 Pro, Super Talent 8 Gb DDR3/1333 Dual Channel, XFX Radeon R7-360B 2Gb DDR5, Corsair 650 W PSU, Dell 23 in (2048x1152), Windows7 Pro 64 bit, MS Sidewinder Precision 2 Joy, Logitech K-360 wireless KB & Mouse, Targus PAUK10U USB Keypad for Throttle (F1 to F4)/Spoiler/Tailhook/Wing Fold/Pitch Trim/Parking Brake/Snap to 2D Panel/View Change. Installed on 250 Gb (D:). FS9 and FSX Acceleration (locked at 30 FPS).

Archived